Baseball 2017

Remember guys, this a Houston team we are talking about. A.K.A. [-]Choke[/-] Championship City. But hey, even the Cubs won last year breaking a 70+ year curse. Maybe it's Houston turn...... Maybe. I'd love to see it.
:dance:

Saved by DVR. Wasn't around when game started so ended up recording and watching last night about 2 hrs into the game. I smartly avoided any possible reports of the score ahead of time.

In game 6, the Astros left many runners on and lost. Game 7 was the Dodgers' turn. I'm sure a lot of Dodgers fans are asking why didn't Kershaw start instead of Darvish. I enjoyed the small ball by the Astros.

Maybe, Kershaw was only on 2 days rest, but it was clear that Darvish had the same stuff he had in game 2. I would almost think that some analytics would have given him a quicker hook.

not sure why they are called dodgers - they got hit by 4 pitches last night?

Great World Series - DH never watches baseball but watched all of game 7 (he's a Houston native).

Nice to see Houston win . in doing so they defeated the three MLB teams with the three highest payrolls Red Sox, Yankees and the Dodgers with the highest payroll in baseball . In Baseball 9 times out of ten the highest payroll wins .

not sure why they are called dodgers - they got hit by 4 pitches last night?

Originally they were the Brooklyn Trolley Dodgers. Trolleys are much bigger than baseballs, therefore easier to dodge.

Especially since some of them looked like they were trying to get hit and made no attempt to get out of the way.

I didn't see any of that. Those were really wild pitches, and they were all fastballs. Nobody tries to get hit by a 95+ mph fastball. Poor Justin Turner got hit twice, and the second one, in the back, looked really painful. Take a look at the video on this page Lance McCullers Jr. hits 4 Dodgers in Game 7 | MLB.com and tell me who was trying to not get out of the way. I was wondering if he would get thrown out of the game, but as the announcers said, it was obvious he wasn't trying to hit them, he was just wild.

In Baseball 9 times out of ten the highest payroll wins .

That's a myth actually. Only once since 2003 has the highest salary team won the World Series. The average ranking of salary for the World Series winner is 10th. It doesn't hurt to have a little money, but it's not a predictor for the winner.

Back
Top Bottom