Baseball 2017

I just checked CBS Sportsline, and they are giving the Dodgers a 27% chance.

Maybe Verlander tilted the odd in favor of the Astros a bit more than usual.

Despite being at home for the last two games. I have to think a lot of this is because the Astros go with Verlander in Game 6.

Remember guys, this a Houston team we are talking about. A.K.A. Choke City. But hey, even the Cubs won last year breaking a 70+ year curse. Maybe it's Houston turn...... Maybe. I'd love to see it.

Remember guys, this a Houston team we are talking about. A.K.A. Choke City. But hey, even the Cubs won last year breaking a 70+ year curse. Maybe it's Houston turn...... Maybe. I'd love to see it.

Believe it Car-Guy! Why not? Enjoy the ride. If they do end up breaking your heart....well you’ve got lots of experience with that sort of thing living in Houston. On the other hand if they actually do win, you can say you knew it all along.

I really think they’re gonna do it! Don’t know why...just a feeling I’ve had.

And don't forget, this is the Dodgers we're talking about. The team whose unofficial motto for decades was "Wait 'til next year!"

Still, I'm hoping. They are a great team, and they'll be playing at home. I think it's almost like playing an away game for them, though, since during the season the fans leave after 4 or 5 innings, once they've "been seen". Having fans there until the end of the game is probably disconcerting.

Awesome series so far. I'm kind of glad Cleveland was eliminated . Don't think I could have handled game 5. Astro hitters are most impressive to me.

Another amazing stat was that Morrow only three six pitches, and he gave up four runs. Now that's efficient :)

Big win for Dodgers. Game 7 favors the Dodgers but I think Astros still can do it.

Need to get up for golf at 6:30 am on Thursday so while I'm looking forward to a game 7, in other ways I'm dreading it.

A game 7 is fitting for this series. Hope it will be an exciting one.

Need to get up for golf at 6:30 am on Thursday so while I'm looking forward to a game 7, in other ways I'm dreading it.

HAHA, there is no sympathy for you, and me as well :LOL: I had this conversation with DW. My plan is to get up at 6:00 for golf. I told DW that I only need 3 hours of sleep to golf. Watching baseball and drinking bourbon late into the night, then golfing in the morning doesn't garner any sympathy around here :) But since baseball and golf are passions for me, it's a lot of fun.

One of my worst days at work ever was when I had to get up at 6:00 after Cleveland Game 7 loss in 1997. I was so wired, didn't sleep much. And like most World Series games, most people in a non-fan-based area go to be after the 5th or 6th inning. Didn't get any sympathy then either, and more scorn actually :facepalm:

Another reason to be ER in my opinion. If I stay up until 2:00, no worries.

I didn't know that both the Astros and Rangers have never won a world series. I follow the NL more and thought some really good Rangers teams won before.

I'm hoping for a 14 inning game 7 :D.

A game 7 is fitting for this series. Hope it will be an exciting one.

Yeah, no doubt. I was impressed that Morrow and Jansen recovered from Game 5 meltdowns. Sometimes a bullpen gets shell-shocked and never recovers. Advantage Dodgers in my opinion. Plus an inning or two our of Kershaw is possible as well.

I didn't know that both the Astros and Rangers have never won a world series. I follow the NL more and thought some really good Rangers teams won before.

I'm hoping for a 14 inning game 7 :D.

The Rangers have had a lot of difficulty closing out. One of my friends is a Ranger fan, so I've shared in his sorrow a couple times. Being a Cleveland guy, we can lean on each other :)

It's interesting how the game changed. The previous game had been a huge slug-fest. This one while just as good, IMHO, a low scoring but still interesting game. And the lack - in LA - of that cream-puff designated hitter :trash: nonsense makes the game so much more interesting.

Of course, I 'm a Dodger fan so I am a bit prejudiced. Still both teams are great and they just don't give up. I haven't heard anymore gripes about this not being an LA-NY match up. :D

Joke: What message did NASA send to the Astros when they landed in LA? Houston, you have a problem.

Last edited:
This is not looking good. 5-0 in the top of the second.

I can't figure why the LA manager left Darvish in after he had let two men on with no outs... after giving up two runs in the first. :facepalm::facepalm: That kid got totally shelled in each start.

Go Astros!

My buddy, who is an Orioles fan, told me he was rooting for the Astros. I asked why, and he said "Kate".

And Dave Roberts wastes Morrow for one out with bases empty. He might be standing in line behind Joe Gerardi at the unemployment line :(

I don't think so. He's in game 7 of the World Series. I don't see how that can be considered poor performance.

We will see how this plays out. But I’ve felt the whole series like Hinch has outmanaged Roberts

img-thing

Congrats to the Astros and their fans. They deserve it.

Wait 'til next year!

Congratulations Houston! Game 7 was a little anticlimactic compared to some other games, but a great series nonetheless :)

Back
Top Bottom