Basketball

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Jarhead* said:
:D :D :D Nowitzki didn't end up as a Nowinski last night. ;)

Jarhead

No, but he did the night before... :p

Now his boss is an entirely different story. Cuban was fined a cool $250,000 today for "conduct unbecoming...". That brings his total NBA "hissy fit" money to $1.45 million. :LOL:

Re: My Inflation numbers - Hows Yours

One of the best NBA finals ever. Miami might be excited about being one win away (I am too), Dallas loves home cooking, I think this is going 7 games.

REWahoo! said:
No, but he did the night before... :p

Now his boss is an entirely different story.  Cuban was fined a cool $250,000 today for "conduct unbecoming...".  That brings his total NBA "hissy fit" money to $1.45 million.   :LOL:

The best l.45 million that boy ever spent. :D

Unfortunantly, in our current huge money sports environment, that has raised his stock and generated interest that will more than likely make him richer, and richer. :D

Damn, that doesn't work for me. ;)

Dallas in 7. (Mav's are close to being unbeatable at home). My wife is betting on Shaq & Co., with her friend, but refused a bet with me. ;)

Looking for a lot of Hack-a-Shaq tonight. The big guy got knocked to the second row last game. ;) One of these days he's going to lose his sense of humor about getting pounded all game, and that's going to be an interesting sight.

15 minutes to game time.

I haven't watched an NBA game in 2 years. Funny how I lost interest in it as I was a long time Celtic fan. Loved their old running style of basketball. Started losing interest when Bird retired. Completely lost interest when Jordan retired and the Bulls busted up. 

But good luck to whoever wins!  :D

I do not watch any game (football, basketball, socer, etc) at home.

73ss454 said:
Do you go out to a bar?
No. Sometime when we visit the in-laws, they like to watch the games. Thus, we watch them also but NOT at the same intense level as they do.

Spanky

Can you spell c h o k e? Bah, humbug! Unlike a lot of things, in sports you gotta produce. They didn't, and deserved to lose. Congrats to the Heat, and now there's a replacement for Michael Jordan.

In the close games, the officials control the outcome.  I am not saying they have a predetermined agenda as to who should or will win but that the calls become outcome determinative in the last couple of minutes like last night.  The replays showed Wayne Wade thrusting a forearm at Dirk as he passed and then histrionically feinting away (that takes talent) and he got the call and two shots to consolidate the lead.  Bad call. Ballgame. 

windsurf said:
The replays showed Wayne Wade thrusting a forearm at Dirk as he passed and then histrionically feinting away (that takes talent) and he got the call and two shots to consolidate the lead.  Bad call. Ballgame. 
Let me make sure I understand this-- faking out the other team is OK, but faking out the refs is somehow immoral or even illegal?

I'll never understand professional sports...

windsurf said:
In the close games, the officials control the outcome.  I am not saying they have a predetermined agenda as to who should or will win but that the calls bcome outcome determinative in the last coule of minutes like last night.  The replays showed Wayne Wade thrusting a forearm at Dirk as he passed and then histrionically feinting away (that takes talent) and he got the call and two shots to consolidate the lead.  Bad call. Ballgame. 

I was so glad when Jordan retired. He was a great player, but got tons of bad calls in his favor. Now the leagues media darling is Wade, and we have to endure years more of bad calls to benefit their darling. One step above pro  wrestling,  BTW Hubie Brown is an idiot too, he misses more calls than the officials........shredder

Over a million six in fines and he can't pony up $20 for a trip to Supercuts to update the geeky 'do?  Oh, and the whining... not all that appealing in grown men.  Some really good games though.  Guess Shaq still had a bit of diesel left in the tank.  Does Miami send a thank-you note to Dr. Buss?  Speaking of hairdos...

Come on now, guys. Every year the losing team yells "refs! conspiracy!". If Dallas really was the better team it wouldn't have come down to a call by the ref, anyway. Dirk could have made a couple free throws and the series would have gone back to Dallas with the Mavericks up 3-2, not the other way around!

I'm happy for Miami, and especially for Alonzo Mourning, who has always been an exemplary player and person, and is an inspiration to those who have had to battle back from serious disease.

I really like D-Wade, and how humble and team oriented he is. I think it's a shame to take away from his amazing performance, one for the ages, by chocking it up to refs calls.

Laurence said:
Come on now, guys.  Every year the losing team yells "refs! conspiracy!".  If Dallas really was the better team it wouldn't have come down to a call by the ref, anyway.  Dirk could have made a couple free throws and the series would have gone back to Dallas with the Mavericks up 3-2, not the other way around! 

I'm happy for Miami, and especially for Alonzo Mourning, who has always been an exemplary player and person, and is an inspiration to those who have had to battle back from serious disease.

I really like D-Wade, and how humble and team oriented he is.  I think it's a shame to take away from his amazing performance, one for the ages, by chocking it up to refs calls. 

Ditto!

Eagle43 said:
Congrats to the Heat, and now there's a replacement for Michael Jordan.

I didn't watch any of the finals but I did see MJ's replacement last night on David Letterman's show, Wayne Wade. Why does todays 'stars' want to dress like a gang member? When I saw him wearing a Sox baseball cap turned sideways, I decided it was a good time to go to bed. This is one reason I don't watch pro sports anymore.

Laurence said:
Come on now, guys.  Every year the losing team yells "refs! conspiracy!".  If Dallas really was the better team it wouldn't have come down to a call by the ref, anyway.  Dirk could have made a couple free throws and the series would have gone back to Dallas with the Mavericks up 3-2, not the other way around! 

I really like D-Wade, and how humble and team oriented he is.  I think it's a shame to take away from his amazing performance, one for the ages, by chocking it up to refs calls. 

Hey being a pistons fan I did not care who won the finals. What ticks me off is the inconsistencies of the calls, and the "superstar" calls that always go for the superstar. Wade, LaBron, and some others are truly great players, but they should not deserve preferential treatment because they are good players. I guess that gets us ready for life though, you know, how cops never get tickets, how the rich get richer, election promises, sh#t rolls down hill, ect.
BTW--- Mourning always being exemplary? ask New Jersey or Toronto if he is, he took big bucks from them, then, stiffed both teams.............Shredder

DOG51 said:
When I saw him wearing a Sox baseball cap turned sideways, I decided it was a good time to go to bed. This is one reason I don't watch pro sports anymore.
Yes, but was he otherwise in compliance with the NBA's dress code? Or is Cuban going to pay his fines too?

This reminds me of the NFL player who was perpetually in trouble for his headbands. A decade later no one remembers his name either...

Nords: "A decade later nobody remembers his name either."

Hollywood Henderson.

Nords said:
Um, no punchline. I really don't remember.

califdreamer is right. It was Jim McMahon.

"Throughout his career McMahon was known for both on and off field antics. Most famously his wearing of headbands while on the sidelines, one such led to his being fined by then NFL commissioner Pete Rozelle as it had an un-authorized corporate logo on it."

And I thought the 80s were washed from my memory banks.... or maybe I'm just hoping to forget about Men at Work.....

Back
Top Bottom