Beer Gloves

How come you never see stuff like this on those "places to/not-to retire" lists? I need to remember to investigate local liquor laws prior to any move.

Some places around here let you mix a six-pack from a wide selection. Trader Joes let's you pick a single can/bottle from the six pack, and they just charger 1/6th. Nice way to try a bunch of different things without a big commitment.

-ERD50

Actually I read a local article(KC) maybe 30 years ago the author(food and entertainment) ripped the state on their liquor laws. One of his claims was the PLCB insisted on purchasing sub-standard beverages. IIRC he spent a good amount of the article discussing a particular wine that in his mind was not fit for vinegar, yet PA State Stores featured it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Last edited:
we're refrigeration-crazy in the States. Red wine tastes best at about 20-25 degrees warmer than your refrigerator. Similar probably for the dark beers. And only in the US do stores refrigerate eggs. Come to think of it, in Texas every single building and vehicle has air conditioning. We're obsessed with fending off the heat.

we're refrigeration-crazy in the States. Red wine tastes best at about 20-25 degrees warmer than your refrigerator. Similar probably for the dark beers. And only in the US do stores refrigerate eggs. Come to think of it, in Texas every single building and vehicle has air conditioning. We're obsessed with fending off the heat.

[-]Damn Yankee[/-] Transplant Texan here. If it's all the same, I'll be keeping my air conditioning.

I don't need to "hold" my beer.

The beer is poured in a glass. The glass sits on a table. I pick up the glass to sip the beer. My hands don't get cold.

Here in Germany, the beer actually is the cheapest beverage on the menu at restaurants! Water, soda, and juice all cost more than beer.
And it is served in mugs with handles, so you don't have to worry about your hands getting cold.

I don't need to "hold" my beer.

The beer is poured in a glass. The glass sits on a table. I pick up the glass to sip the beer. My hands don't get cold.

Guess you never say Hold mah beer an watch this...:)

No man should be made to feel bad about the beer he drinks. It's all wonderful.
expensive+beer.jpg

il_340x270.608862436_5n02.jpg

zzshadow_box-life_is_too_short_to_drink_cheap_beer-ebony_large.jpg

NewBeer1_1024x1024.jpg

-ERD50

Last edited:
See - that one is served in a glass with a stem. A nice solution to the standing around holding a cold beer problem.

Personally, I feel sitting is important for enjoying a beer. Then the constantly holding a beer problem also goes away.

For the OP, an alternative

The star-spangled koozie that's attached to your hand.

suzy-kuzy-beer-mitt.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom