Being warm will drive you into debt?

Have a neighbor that has been in the propane business for some time. He said January will be the lowest price as December has been warm and the dealers will be feeling the glut. I think last top off here in Tx was $2.40

3400 sf house in Chicago area (keep 68 degrees year round)
gas: $1364
electric: $1778 (have one more month to pay)(had $150 refund in Nov)

1300 sf condo in Phoenix area (keep 85 in summer, 55 in winter when not there)
gas: $255
electric: $770
utilities.jpg

My 'cheap bastard ' days being pretty much behind me and no longer in a fish camp in the Louisiana swamp - I no longer do without electricity, air conditioning, or cage free wood and buck saw by hand for the Sears and Rareback Ben Franklin fireplace.

My 94, 250,000 mile, 4 banger, 5 speed, little GMC Sonoma pickup with rusty fender is for 'fun' driving - not an essential beater transport anymore.

After the first decade of ER and Mr Market of the 90's - I'm a little in the catching up phase spend wise.

What with having overdone frugal a tad early on - as it were.

heh heh heh - noted on another thread - I did buy LED Christmas lights this year - more as a tech toy than frugal.

P.S. 1100 sq ft - last year 160 to 180(combined) in coldest months, $95 highest electric in summer A/C season. Locals watch gas/eletric rates and run small resistance heaters in small areas when they decide gas rates are to high relative to electric.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom