Believe it or not, I'm a daddy.......again

Dawg52

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Drove down to the AL coast today and picked up a 13 month old lab rescue. Pretty dog too, weighs 71lbs and taller than my old golden retriever. Not a replacement dog, just can't replace my old buddy......but a new friend and exercise buddy for the future. Got my hands full though, still has a good bit of puppy in her. But will be fun. A good traveling dog, slept the entire 2.5 hour drive home.

Here are a couple of pics from the rescue site.

55c15f9d-e84f-4e19-896f-aecf3eabf6b7.jpg

de5a3171-f913-4aec-adc5-10b43455e43c.jpg
24aab520-98c0-4757-95c9-9148b760504c.jpg

You find the smartest looking dogs, Dawgie Daddy--your dearly departed and this new one just look so intelligent. Does he have a name?

Congrats!

She looks like a great walking partner. A friend of mine had a black lab rescue about the same age as yours - they can be very high strung through the puppy stage.

She's a beauty!

If she's anything like my two labs at that age I'm pretty sure I know what your answer is to Nords', "But whaddya DO all day?" question. :LOL:

Beautiful pup DawgDaddie! Hope she becomes a real buddy for ya!

R

Aw!! I am so happy for you, Dawg! She's lovely and looks like a wonderful dog. Soon you will have someone to go hiking with, again. :D

No dog can ever replace one that went before. :nonono:

I am very pleased to see that you found a deserving dog to share your hearth with. You both need each other. :D

PS Hide your shoes, quick!

What a beauty. I'm sure she'll soon realize what a wonderful human she has adopted.

Congratulations Dawg!

Two things:
1. girl or boy?
2. name?

Name contest anyone?

DAWG Heaven! Now if she can run along side of the golf cart and find a ball in the rough you will be 100% set!

Way to go, DAWG! I thought I was going to have to post that pic of you in the pink dress to snap you out of your funk..:LOL:

Good looking dog, Dawg! She will be a great exercise buddy. My current pup is 6 1/2 and runs/walks with me everyday......labs are great dogs.

Congratulations Dawg.....now do like I do with my sons dog...I hit the golf ball....he gets it and repeat!

Congratulations Dawg!

Two things:
1. girl or boy?
2. name?

Name contest anyone?

I misspoke when I said 'her'. My previous dog was a girl. Hard to break old habits. This is a male and was named 'Micah' by the previous owners. They adopted him and his sister at 7 weeks of age from the same rescue group. But due to the economy, they had to turn them back him. Micah's sister is in a foster home but he was at the rescue group's kennel.

I plan to crate train him. He has had some exposure to it. Oh yes, hard to beat the price on a rescue dog too. I paid $80 for a certified healthy pup, up to date on all shots and neutered. They had me run by a vet on the way out to get an updated rabies shot. Also gave me a couple of small bags of food that he has been on. Hard to beat.

Congratulations!! Looks like an excellent choice. We've adopted a few "used" pets and I've always thought that they know when they've been rescued.

Good luck with him, keep us posted.

What a handsome pup! One of my dogs is a rescued Lab. She's a great companion and I'm sure your new guy will be too. (And crate training is a great idea.)

I misspoke when I said 'her'. My previous dog was a girl. Hard to break old habits. This is a male and was named 'Micah' by the previous owners. They adopted him and his sister at 7 weeks of age from the same rescue group. But due to the economy, they had to turn them back him. Micah's sister is in a foster home but he was at the rescue group's kennel.

I plan to crate train him. He has had some exposure to it. Oh yes, hard to beat the price on a rescue dog too. I paid $80 for a certified healthy pup, up to date on all shots and neutered. They had me run by a vet on the way out to get an updated rabies shot. Also gave me a couple of small bags of food that he has been on. Hard to beat.

He's a fine looking guy.

I always had male dogs before our little girl weiner dog. Sometimes she is still called "he" and she is now 14 years old. :blush:

He's a gorgeous boy! Congrats on the new family member. I'm a believer in crate training and have used crate training for both my shelties.

Dawg: You did the right thing getting the dog sooner rather than later. Being with him will be the best way to remember the good times you had with her. Beautiful, but too lively for an old and lazy codger like me.

Back
Top Bottom