Best Music Videos

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Do you, like me, miss the days when MTV played great music videos? I just love the combination of great music and images. Which music videos stand out in your mind as the best ever? Here's one that comes to my mind.

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

Though I've enjoyed some videos over the years, but I think a good song paints an image in the mind of the listener, based on their perspective.

Plus, I've listened to the Beatles, for instance, for 45 years. Can't think of a movie or music video I could stand for more than a few viewings.

Yeah bbbamI, that Aha video blew me away too. Loved watching it again:D

Ha, I adore Leonard Cohen and somehow missed "Closing Time". Thank you for posting this. It's in my favs now.

HFWR, I know how much you love music and understand how it paints a different image in each of our minds. Sometimes, though, I believe the images in videos are powerful and fit the music well. Case in point:

YouTube - Johnny Cash Hurt

I was never crazy about this song, but the video blew me away...way back when...

I'm a little ashamed to admit I enjoyed that one too. :blush:

Though I've enjoyed some videos over the years, but I think a good song paints an image in the mind of the listener, based on their perspective.

Plus, I've listened to the Beatles, for instance, for 45 years. Can't think of a movie or music video I could stand for more than a few viewings.

Well, for the most part I agree. But there are a few videos I still picture in my head every time I hear the song. These two in particular. They were groundbreaking at the time.

YouTube - Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel

YouTube - The Cars- You might think

I´m an all time fan of The Beatles: I don´t get what you mean, would you please elabotrate? Is it that you don´t like the few videos of the band?

Who can forget this music video? I think of it whenever I hear the song. I was living in College Station, Texas at the time, with a school aged child. Many of the good, religious Texan mothers there would not allow their kids to watch MTV after this one came out. I thought it was bold, innovative and absolutely fantastic, but kept that to myself. :LOL:

YouTube - Revolution - Like a Prayer (Madonna coversong) HQ Music Video

To me, this music video and also Michael Jackson's "Thriller" music video are so far and away the best, that they define to me what music videos really are and can be. I don't know if this version of the video is faithful to the original - - I don't remember all the strobe-like flashing of scenes in some parts of it. But then, it has been many years. But most of the video scenes are original.

Oh yeah! And I like this one Shania did.....hey, are those your boots she's wearing?
You know...she bugged the heck out of me wanting to borrow my boots. I said, "No way." However I did let her use the 'boots' idea...for a fee. :D

Nuno always looked more like a wiseguy than a singer to me, even with all the hair. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom