Best Way to Recycle Ink Jet Cartridges?

travelover

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
It has been a while since we discussed this. I find myself with a bunch of spent ink jet cartridges and a new laser printer.

So, these days, what is the best way to turn old ink jet cartridges into cash or merchandise?

Does Office Depot (Office Max) still give a free ream of paper when you turn in cartridges? I need some paper!

Use to use Office depot, not any more. Their new rewards plan not worth the effort for me.

Also, Office Max, had a plan, again, for me not worth the trouble.

For my inkjet printer, use for copies and color, I just get the cart's refilled at Costco. Just started using their service. So far, great. No issues.
and if you have any problems, Costco, backs their refills.

By refilling used carts, you don't have any carts to get rid of.

For black and white. I use laser printers. Toner carts, last forever. Get
4-5 thousand pages per toner. (depends on amount of print per page).
:greetings10:

Just looked at their sites yesterday. Get $2/cartridge. Max 10 cartridges/mo. Is that the old policy or new? If the old, how bad is the new?

I used to use Staples recycling for $2 cartridge. I buy Sophia Global cartridges on Amazon for around $2 a cartridge so our ink costs went to net zero.

Now the current requirements are to spend at least $30 on ink or toner in the prior 180 days to qualify for recycling rewards. As a result, I am stockpiling my used cartridges to recycle at least a few months worth of cartridges (max $20 a month) to come out ahead of the $30 spend requirements.

I haven't looked into the other office store programs, since there is a Staples on the way to where we do our grocery shopping, so it doesn't take much extra time to just drop off the cartridges there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom