Best wishes to our friends in France tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

samclem

Moderator Emeritus
The reports of today's attacks in Paris are heartbreaking. Best wishes and our prayers to Big Nick and all our friends in France during this trying time as the situation becomes more clear, tears are shed, and civilization binds up its wounds and carries on.

I have been in shock watching all the fragmented news releases on these senseless and tragic attacks during the past hour or so. Like all Americans, my heart is with France tonight. This is just devastating and the world mourns for those whose lives were lost, those who were injured, and their families and friends.

Heartbreaking and senseless.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Je suis inconsolable. Je tenais le peuple français dans mes pensées.

Last edited:
I've been following the news all day. Just awful.

Horrific news. But I think with the likely killing of Jihadi John and the latest success of the Kurds supported by the US in cutting a key ISIL supply line that the ISIL terrorists are feeling the heat. It's going to take time but those ISIL leaders can't hide forever. All it takes is one good tip and they'll be immolated just like that bloodthirsty psychopath, John. There will be more attacks: a wounded and desperate animal is at its most dangerous.

Very sad news and just so senseless to even happen.

Our thoughts, our hearts, are with France, and with the people of beautiful, glorious Paris. So many acts of courage and graciousness after such a supreme act of cowardice.

We, here, stand with France.

France has really been a target. That Thalys foiled gunman occurred just two weeks after we'd been on the same train. I could tell France was more alert than other EU countries, I guess due to the problems earlier in the year. There were signs many places telling people to be vigilant. Feel bad they have to be victims to this senseless crap.

Evil crazy world :mad:.
+1, very hard to comprehend such homicidal hatred by 10's of thousands of people. How can mankind be so advanced and yet so primitive? Very, very sad...

Last edited:
We were traveling and learned of this news late. I was so shocked, but what else can we expect when there are groups of animals who use mass murdering to force others into their belief? The world is indeed getting smaller. They are now exporting this violence from the original source.

They are now exporting this violence from the original source.

As part of our recently concluded trip, we spent 9 days on a French ship, and among the passengers, (crew members are often bi/multilingual), were likely the only ones whose primary, (and in our case sole), language was English.

Speaking to one (apparently affluent, but frugal), couple, (he was a Doctor of something I believe), who had moved to Marseille for the weather, we were told that they were very cautious when venturing out after dark......the reason was presumed to be self evident.

So many acts of courage and graciousness after such a supreme act of cowardice.
I agree with nearly all of the sentiments expressed in this thread about the awful acts of terrorism in France. If we weren't already aware of what a grave theat they are, we certainly are now. One thing I do not agree with though, is the folk who refer to these perpetrators of terror as cowards. A friend of mine called them cowards in a Facebook posting yesterday, and I remember various people calling the 9/11 attackers cowards.

I think they are very misguided, but not cowards, and that makes them all the more of a threat, IMO. They believe very, very fervently in their cause. It takes a great deal of guts and resolve to plan and execute acts like this. If they were cowards, we would have beaten them off by now, with a minimum of effort.

but not cowards

Zealotry, and the fervent belief of a harem in Paradise, transcends feelings of fear.

(I wonder if the authorities will perform drug tests on their remains?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom