Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-04-2015, 05:57 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoy5 View Post
Speaking of new shows, has anyone seen "Bosch" on Amazon Prime? I watched the first one last night and it seems quite promising...
Thanks for pointing that out. I did not realize it was based on the Hieronymus Bosch book series. If the tv show is 75% as good as the books, it will be a keeper. I guess after the bomb with Alex Delaware movie, they went the tv series route.

Back to "Better Call Saul", best line so far: "You're the kind of lawyer guilty people hire".

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I'm enjoying Better Call Saul. So nice to see Mike Ehrmantraut again and I love that the parking toll booth is under a freeway ramp. Jimmy's office/home in the back room of the nail salon was perfect!

Bob Odenkirk is a really good actor. He was in the Fargo TV series and I didn't recognize him until I saw the credits.

The idea of this being a prequel is very clever. He's going to reinvent himself into Saul Goodman and then has to do it again at the end of Breaking Bad.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:20 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue J View Post
I'm enjoying Better Call Saul. So nice to see Mike Ehrmantraut again and I love that the parking toll booth is under a freeway ramp. Jimmy's office/home in the back room of the nail salon was perfect!

Bob Odenkirk is a really good actor. He was in the Fargo TV series and I didn't recognize him until I saw the credits.

The idea of this being a prequel is very clever. He's going to reinvent himself into Saul Goodman and then has to do it again at the end of Breaking Bad.
Mike is a fun character. It was a hoot seeing Tuco again, too. I enjoyed the negotiating scene with Tuco and Saul. It has to be tough negotiating with a psychopath.
Even clouds seem bright and breezy, 'Cause the livin' is free and easy, See the rat race in a new way, Like you're wakin' up to a new day (Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether lyrics, Alan Parsons Project, based on an EA Poe story)
daylatedollarshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:36 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm liking the show just as I hoped I would. Seems to be the same writers and producers from BB. I would expect some of the dark twists and turns and ironic humor as well. I love the fact that it is starting pre-Saul and working forward instead of starting post Walter.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:52 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue J View Post
He's going to reinvent himself into Saul Goodman and then has to do it again at the end of Breaking Bad.
The series starts off with him (Gene) working at a Cinnabon in Nebraska. Will be interesting after Better Call Saul catches up to the start of Breaking Bad, if they carry on the Gene character from Nebraska.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:55 AM   #26

Near the end of BB, Saul claimed the best case scenario for the trouble all around him was that he becomes the manager of a Cinnabon.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:15 AM   #27
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
Near the end of BB, Saul claimed the best case scenario for the trouble all around him was that he becomes the manager of a Cinnabon.
I was really hoping that Saul would of joined Dexter on the logging crew - that would of been awesome.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:26 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
I forgot about that until I read an article (Rolling Stone at the dentists office) about Better Call Saul.

'Better Call Saul': The Rise of a Sleazebag | Rolling Stone

The last we saw of Saul Goodman, he was buying himself a new life. As Breaking Bad headed to the final countdown and Walter White was arming himself for one last battle, his oily lawyer, Saul, was off with a bus ticket to Nebraska, escaping to the fantasy Plan Z of every two-bit hustler in every American crime story. A new name. A new town. A new identity, giving him a chance to live the rest of his life as a schnook. As he told Walter, "If I'm lucky, a month from now, best-case scenario, I'm managing a Cinnabon in Omaha."