blabbing equal between the sexes

Seems to me the men are more verbose on this forum.

Anybody looking for a research project?

I predict that may be true--but if CFB got a sex-change operation it would go the other way ;)

On the matter of womens communications vs mens or on the subject of my getting a sex change? :p

Seems to me the men are more verbose on this forum.

Anybody looking for a research project?

hmm, have known many a talkative man - it's the listening part where they seem most generally challenged...:cool:

Oh I think she looks a whole hell of a lot better in a dress than I would...

I'll gladly photoshop you an example if you wish...

hmm, have known many a talkative man - it's the
listening part where they seem most generally challenged...

I agree with this. I have sat in bars with groups of men and women listening to the men shoot themselves down time and again.

If you are with a woman, pay close attention, talk to her about her and always in a complimentary fashion. It really helps if you can find legitimate things to compliment.

Today I went into a store that I have been going into for 6 or 7 years. The middle aged clerk who had always been the basic NW utility woman- lousy taste in clothes, terrible hairdo, etc.- had a truly stunning cut and color. Her stylist must be a genius, because the clerk was transformed. The color perfectly picked up her skin tones, and she looked at least 15 years younger. I told her how very nice she looked, and she damn near came over the counter. She was so happy to see that it had worked for her the way she wanted it to work.

For the most part, women don’t really give a damn about the things men like to talk about.

Ha

I have to agree with the other posters. I am a guy, and I will often answer yes/no questions with a simple yes or no, and I amazed how many times girls will sit and wait for you to expound on your answer.

When they say they wanted more detail I am left wondering.. 'Then why didn't you ask for detail instead of asking a yes/no question:confused:'

I also have noticed that I tend to think VERY linear... so linear in fact that I often don't pick up on innuendo or metaphors

:)

You married guys talking about the yes/no problem... When you are doing things like reading, do your conversations go like this?

Her: "What ya doing?" (watching me read, so she already knows the answer)
Me: "Reading"
Her: "Why?"
Me: (bangs head on book)

I've come to realize that the "Why" isn't really a question so much as a statement that I should be doing something else, something she finds to be more meaningful. Like... talking to her ;)

As much as it drives me crazy, I wouldn't trade her for the world... but don't tell her I said that. She'll start to think she can keep nagging me while I'm trying to read!

What drives me crazy is how guys will not dish out the gossip ! You'll say did you talk to Chris ( who's in the midst of a messy divorce ) and he'll say "Yes " and I'll say " What's up " and he'll say " Nothing " .We women know something is up and we want the news so stop holding back .

What drives me crazy is how guys will not dish out the gossip ! You'll say did you talk to Chris ( who's in the midst of a messy divorce ) and he'll say "Yes " and I'll say " What's up " and he'll say " Nothing " .We women know something is up and we want the news so stop holding back .

That's one of the Man Laws. I know you've seen the commercials - those really exist. I know some crazy secrets about our friends, but I won't repeat them for a very good reason - to keep him from repeating mine ;)

And of course, on the 1 in a million chance the friend "shared his feelings" with me, I'd take a bullet before I'd let a woman know he was anything less than all that is man. *thumps chest while typing* Yes, our egos are that fragile.

We cant dish it because we never get it!

I'll tell my wife "Oh, I saw Jack and Bill yesterday"... "well...? Is jack still seeing christie and did bill get his new job?"..."I dunno"..."You didnt ask? What did you talk about?"..."We just stood around and grunted at each other for 15 minutes."

I'll tell my wife "Oh, I saw Jack and Bill yesterday"... "well...? Is jack still seeing christie and did bill get his new job?"..."I dunno"..."You didnt ask? What did you talk about?"..."We just stood around and grunted at each other for 15 minutes."
Why would personal lives intrude upon a manly conversation about sports, motorcycles, tools, and Vida Guerra? Guys see conversation as a way of entertaining & asserting dominance, not for any of that sissy stuff like problem-solving or mutual bonding.

I'd say it's a minimum of 15 minutes of grunting, especially if Vida is holding a football while wearing a toolbelt astride her Harley*...

*As soon as CFB reads this post then Google Images, Photoshop, and Photobucket are going to experience unusually heavy use. Plan ahead!

We cant dish it because we never get it!

Or they'll say we talked about "The Game "

Back
Top Bottom