Black helicopters make you feel warm and fuzzy

donheff

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
The moderator of a neighborhood email list posted this morning to explain why we were hearing low flying helicopters the other day. I just assumed chasing bad guys, but noooo:

Helicopter searching for radiation in nation's capital 07 Jan 2013 In the skies above Washington, D.C., a low-flying helicopter is searching for evidence of gamma radiation. If a dirty bomb were to go off in the capital or the authorities were forced to hunt for a nuclear weapon in the city, an established baseline of radiation sources throughout the capital would be important. As part of the National Nuclear Security Administration's security and emergency preparedness procedures, the flights are measuring 'naturally occurring' radiation in the Washington, D.C., area began Dec. 27 and will conclude Jan. 11, 2013.

One of the many reasons we moved out of the washimore corridor. 3 mountain ranges and no tempting targests here. Oh, and a traffic jam is three cars in arow.

Heh, so called secret places rarely are. Especially ones that would be tempting targets.

At one point I worked in a glass office tower in Jersey City that faced the Hudson River. You would be amazed at the number of helicopters (black and otherwise) that went up and down the river corridor. Never made me feel real warm and fuzzy.

Personally, I am awaiting the arrival of gubmint drones in US airspace. "I don't know how I managed to hit it with an ounce of lead shot - I was aiming at a squirrel..."

Wow, I read that headline and was looking for the ultimate conspiracy theory about how black helicopters are causing global warming. Disappointed.

The moderator of a neighborhood email list posted this morning to explain why we were hearing low flying helicopters the other day. I just assumed chasing bad guys, but noooo:
Some pilots will use any justification to get flight hours...

I went to DC many times last year and every time I saw low flying helicopters. They were flying lower than the high rise office building I was in in Arlington. They have a constant patrol methinks.

I went to DC many times last year and every time I saw low flying helicopters. They were flying lower than the high rise office building I was in in Arlington. They have a constant patrol methinks.

Those were probably the President's Marine One helicopters practicing maneuvers up the Potomac. They do it almost every day.

I'm used to constant low flying helicopters, but they're usually blue and white. They're black only when the Secretary of Homeland Security comes for a visit.....

We get a lot of helicopter flights here. They are generally searching for emergency cases (mostly hikers and cyclists that get injuries) in the state park behind our house. We'll hear them at all hours of the night -- kind of disconcerting. Last year a young person hung herself in an oak tree near our house and a helicopter landed nearby. There have been a few suicides in recent years by young people, very sad.

We are planning a trip to Washington DC in April. Hopefully no incidents at that time. :)

Last edited:
I like the black helicopters. They kept things together after Hurricane Katrina and showed us that we were not forgotten. We still have them flying overhead now and then, and I see them in a completely different light than I did before the storm.

Have not seen one, personally.
That's the whole idea.

Stealth (and one missile) is a lot cheaper than overwhelming firepower.

I'm sure they have a lot of peaceful applications in fighting wildfires, checking for rush-hour traffic jams, and other public services. Yeah, that's it.

Back
Top Bottom