Bungee cords

LeatherneckPA

Recycles dryer sheets
WOW!!! Bungee cords are dangerous!! There I was yesterday strapping my two 50lb bags of feed on the back of the motorcycle when I lost my grip on the end of the bungee I was hooking. Just this spring I replaced all of my old metal hook bungees with a new wide strap/plastic hook bungee style. That big ol' plastic hook flew up and hit me right smack dab in the eye. Good thing I was wearing my eyeglasses instead of my contacts. I've always gotten safety glass lenses because of working in the prison. I got two nice cuts in my cheekbone from the hook and the glass frame. And the hook actually fractured my safety lens. Check out the hole in these glasses!!
img_693008_0_e295c55a774ea20905108437375082cb.jpg

Wow!! That's amazing.

Be careful, Mike. You only have two eyes, y'know. Maybe some non-elastic straps, with adjustable lengths would be safer, or else twine you could simply tie with knots.

Wow, talk about lucky. Even with bifocals, it is cheaper to replace the lens then eyeball. I too wear safety lenses, just for those weird occasions.

Wow, congrats on dodging that bullet. I've got some of those plastic-hook bungees, but I've got safety concerns with them, too--te ones I've got are adjustable, and the elastic cord tends to work it's way loose and finally slip out, leading to a flying loose cord. Not nearly as bad as a metal hook, but no fun, either.

I try to keep my head away from the likely cord path whenever I'm stretching the things. Kinda like an arresting cable on a carrier deck--plan for failure and don't be in the way.

Stay safe out there!

Back
Top Bottom