Burger King

hmmm....no significant increase in their menu prices while food prices go up....They must have increased their breading and grisle quotient...:p

I thought they closed their stores in my area but is that them, now under the name, "BK"?

For a while when my kids were little we practically lived in Burger King. My wife and I would have an ice tea (with some poopy lemon :)) and a Whopper and fries, the kids would get whatever they wanted, and then run around like madmen for an hour of so while we sat in the sun and finally had a chance to talk a little.

For me, good memories of a very happy time.

Ha

What's so bad about Burger King. When I lived across the street from one for 7 years I went there several times a week. Low cost, good tasting, convenient. Now I live next to a dairy queen and eat there at least twice a week. I realize it's not the healthiest of foods. If I was fighting weight gain I wouldn't go there but i'm 6'6" and weigh 155lbs so I don't think I need to worry about gaining too much weight.

Their burgers are flame broiled - a bit lower in fat. If you get them without the mayo, they are pretty healthy and not that bad. Definately a step up from McDonalds.

Their burgers are flame broiled - a bit lower in fat. If you get them without the mayo, they are pretty healthy and not that bad. Definately a step up from McDonalds.

Culver's blows them away.....but the fat content is higher........:D

Culver's blows them away.....but the fat content is higher........:D

I had a Culver's burger for the first time the other day....YUMMY! Then I re-read the menu -- they BUTTER THE HAMBURGER BUNS! No wonder the burger was so tasty. Yikes, I can only imagine the fat content....

I had a Culver's burger for the first time the other day....YUMMY! Then I re-read the menu -- they BUTTER THE HAMBURGER BUNS! No wonder the burger was so tasty. Yikes, I can only imagine the fat content....
A local restaurant in town serves buffalo burgers. I had one today for lunch, actually. Quite tasty, and much lower in fat than their beef versions.

We can't all survive on arugula. Someone has to be able to do a hard day's work so our resident philosopher can sit around examining their navel.

My cheap, filling, and not-too-unhealthy BK choice. Get the combo:
- Chicken sandwich (broiled, no mayo)
- Swap out the fries for a side-salad.
- Swap out the soft drink for a small milkshake.

Not bad for about six bucks. And, for entertainment, you can watch the kids running around like wild animals while their moms and dads relax in the sun and talk for a little while.

Nuthin wrong with that.

Profit is up!!
Business and Financial News - New York Times

People still eat this junk??

Amazing how fast food places that serve such awful stuff are actually making money!

Isn't it amazing how people throw away money on fast-food garbage? samclem's post notwithstanding, most of it is overpriced and unhealthful, but as long it's convenient no one gives a s**t.

Isn't it amazing how people throw away money on fast-food garbage? samclem's post notwithstanding, most of it is overpriced and unhealthful, but as long it's convenient no one gives a s**t.

Isn't it amazing how some people feel the need to be so judgmental about what other people choose to do with their own bodies and their own money when those choices don't deny the rights of said critics?

I rarely have fast food and I rarely want it, but man, I get tired of the holier-than-thou attitude of the Food Police.

Isn't it amazing how some people feel the need to be so judgmental about what other people choose to do with their own bodies and their own money when those choices don't deny the rights of said critics?

I rarely have fast food and I rarely want it, but man, I get tired of the holier-than-thou attitude of the Food Police.

Lol its ok man. These are message boards. People are loopy when they think they got a point.

Who's denying your right to choose to eat crap? But I do have the right to express my thoughts. This is a forum, not a choir.

And on the topic of fast foods, if you can't stand the heat, get INTO the kitchen.Or are YOU too busy labeling others who don't agree with YOUR life-style to try being creative, and perhaps save money as well.

Not bad for about six bucks. And, for entertainment, you can watch the kids running around like wild animals while their moms and dads relax in the sun and talk for a little while.

Nuthin wrong with that.
;);)

I understand that Sen Obama and Rev Wright enjoy a Whopper, fries and sugared soda together at BK from time to time....... ;)

if i'm gonna eat fast food, it will be BK first, then wendy's...no mcd's ever. i like BK's chicken fries and crsispy chicken sandwich. the rest goes through me faster than a greased pig on a slip'n slide

No judgement, just wondering. I mean I just ran by a bojangles down here in the raleigh nc area, there are 22 cars waiting on line at the drive up window with a gasoline station next door . Price for gasoline is 3.77.9 for regular. Now why in the world would these people be wasting gasoline to put a greasy sausage biscuit and a coffee or soda in them at 7am?? While bit(hin about the price of gasoline? Hey I just callem as I see um.

No judgement, just wondering. I mean I just ran by a bojangles down here in the raleigh nc area, there are 22 cars waiting on line at the drive up window with a gasoline station next door . Price for gasoline is 3.77.9 for regular. Now why in the world would these people be wasting gasoline to put a greasy sausage biscuit and a coffee or soda in them at 7am?? While bit(hin about the price of gasoline? Hey I just callem as I see um.

Just because you cant afford to sit in line burning gas to get a tasty greasy sausage biscuit doesnt mean other people cant. :D

Just because you cant afford to sit in line burning gas to get a tasty greasy sausage biscuit doesnt mean other people cant. :D

Nah I am just the nut who ran 10 miles to now sit down and eat strawberries, and oatmeal. However I am drinking a guiness right now!

All this talk about Burger king........ I am going to go get me a Whopper.
whopper1.jpg

Hey now, who said arugula:confused: :bat:

I had to look it up - arugula - do people actually eat that crap - or is it just politically correct talk. :rolleyes: :D.

Sigh - I miss the land of Lee's Hamburgers, New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood Company - and Po-Boys from Mother's. And Muffs from Central Grocery et al.

heh heh heh - BBQ is king in greater KC - but the 'other guys' - BK, MickyD, and Miss Wendy still survive. :cool:.

Back
Top Bottom