Join Early Retirement Today

Burger King
Old 05-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Burger King

Profit is up!!
Business and Financial News - New York Times

People still eat this junk??

Amazing how fast food places that serve such awful stuff are actually making money!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #2

hmmm....no significant increase in their menu prices while food prices go up....They must have increased their breading and grisle quotient...

Old 05-01-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I thought they closed their stores in my area but is that them, now under the name, "BK"?
Old 05-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy888 View Post
Profit is up!!

Amazing how fast food places that serve such awful stuff are actually making money!
How do you know it such awful stuff?

Burrrrrrrp......... Goes good with a Corona too.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

For a while when my kids were little we practically lived in Burger King. My wife and I would have an ice tea (with some poopy lemon ) and a Whopper and fries, the kids would get whatever they wanted, and then run around like madmen for an hour of so while we sat in the sun and finally had a chance to talk a little.

For me, good memories of a very happy time.

Ha
Old 05-01-2008, 10:27 PM   #6

What's so bad about Burger King. When I lived across the street from one for 7 years I went there several times a week. Low cost, good tasting, convenient. Now I live next to a dairy queen and eat there at least twice a week. I realize it's not the healthiest of foods. If I was fighting weight gain I wouldn't go there but i'm 6'6" and weigh 155lbs so I don't think I need to worry about gaining too much weight.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Their burgers are flame broiled - a bit lower in fat. If you get them without the mayo, they are pretty healthy and not that bad. Definately a step up from McDonalds.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
Their burgers are flame broiled - a bit lower in fat. If you get them without the mayo, they are pretty healthy and not that bad. Definately a step up from McDonalds.
Culver's blows them away.....but the fat content is higher........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Culver's blows them away.....but the fat content is higher........
I had a Culver's burger for the first time the other day....YUMMY! Then I re-read the menu -- they BUTTER THE HAMBURGER BUNS! No wonder the burger was so tasty. Yikes, I can only imagine the fat content....
Old 05-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever51 View Post
I had a Culver's burger for the first time the other day....YUMMY! Then I re-read the menu -- they BUTTER THE HAMBURGER BUNS! No wonder the burger was so tasty. Yikes, I can only imagine the fat content....
A local restaurant in town serves buffalo burgers. I had one today for lunch, actually. Quite tasty, and much lower in fat than their beef versions.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

We can't all survive on arugula. Someone has to be able to do a hard day's work so our resident philosopher can sit around examining their navel.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzDreamer View Post
We can't all survive on arugula. Someone has to be able to do a hard day's work so our resident philosopher can sit around examining their navel.

Hey now, who said arugula
Old 05-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

My cheap, filling, and not-too-unhealthy BK choice. Get the combo:
- Chicken sandwich (broiled, no mayo)
- Swap out the fries for a side-salad.
- Swap out the soft drink for a small milkshake.

Not bad for about six bucks. And, for entertainment, you can watch the kids running around like wild animals while their moms and dads relax in the sun and talk for a little while.

Nuthin wrong with that.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #14
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via Skype™ to imnxpat
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy888 View Post
Profit is up!!

Isn't it amazing how people throw away money on fast-food garbage? samclem's post notwithstanding, most of it is overpriced and unhealthful, but as long it's convenient no one gives a s**t.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnxpat View Post
Isn't it amazing how people throw away money on fast-food garbage? samclem's post notwithstanding, most of it is overpriced and unhealthful, but as long it's convenient no one gives a s**t.
Isn't it amazing how some people feel the need to be so judgmental about what other people choose to do with their own bodies and their own money when those choices don't deny the rights of said critics?

I rarely have fast food and I rarely want it, but man, I get tired of the holier-than-thou attitude of the Food Police.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Isn't it amazing how some people feel the need to be so judgmental about what other people choose to do with their own bodies and their own money when those choices don't deny the rights of said critics?

I rarely have fast food and I rarely want it, but man, I get tired of the holier-than-thou attitude of the Food Police.
Lol its ok man. These are message boards. People are loopy when they think they got a point.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:30 AM   #17
Recycles dryer sheets

Send a message via Skype™ to imnxpat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post

Who's denying your right to choose to eat crap? But I do have the right to express my thoughts. This is a forum, not a choir.

And on the topic of fast foods, if you can't stand the heat, get INTO the kitchen.Or are YOU too busy labeling others who don't agree with YOUR life-style to try being creative, and perhaps save money as well.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:59 AM   #18
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samclem View Post
Not bad for about six bucks. And, for entertainment, you can watch the kids running around like wild animals while their moms and dads relax in the sun and talk for a little while.

Nuthin wrong with that.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:14 AM   #19
Give me a forum ...

I understand that Sen Obama and Rev Wright enjoy a Whopper, fries and sugared soda together at BK from time to time.......
Old 05-03-2008, 06:44 AM   #20

if i'm gonna eat fast food, it will be BK first, then wendy's...no mcd's ever. i like BK's chicken fries and crsispy chicken sandwich. the rest goes through me faster than a greased pig on a slip'n slide