Buying Washer/Dryer set - helpful hints?

You definitely had a reason to go with a front loader. DW and I are both 5'8"/5'9", so the height isn't an issue for us.

Just steam on the dryer and not the washer? Is that for mostly de-wrinkling clothes?

Given the reviews I have read, I suspect many would be hesitant to recommend a specific brand or even model based on the number of negative comments. Given the models we have a good chance of picking up a quality washer. Then again, we also have about a 5-10% chance of picking up a lemon.

Yes, the steam in the dryer is for de-wrinkling and refreshing. Steam in the washer is primarily for sanitizing. DW did not see the need for this.

After owning a couple front loading washers, my next house will have a top loader for sure. The machine that is responsible for getting things clean should not also be growing mold in it. I should not have to leave the door open and have to walk around it all the time and worry about kids climbing in it to keep that from happening either. Next machine I buy will be a top loader, least water efficient I can buy. We live in MD, there is plenty water here, there is no reason I should be pinching every ounce of water. In LA, maybe, but here, no thanks. This water efficiency thing annoys the hell out of me with dishwashers too. My modern dishwasher takes two plus hours to run and doesn't leave a damn thing dry when it's done, but horay, I saved maybe a gallon of water! That's what, $.0001 more in my pocket?

We are happy with our 1 year old top load LG. We like to do our comforters and it's good at that. When we use the bulky setting, far more water goes into the tub. We don't seem to have any problem with soapy residue but then we use perfume free detergent typically so might not notice.

We went with front load again. I’m short. Now that the design has been created for top load I saw more of those. Thankful no mold problem here in the desert [emoji266]. I sure don’t miss that!

PS. DH does make my laundry detergent powder. A batch last a year and we share/send it home with DS (family of four). Very convenient.

Back
Top Bottom