New washer and dryer just bought from Costco

aja8888

Moderator Emeritus
My new small house is set to close on 9/12. I just purchased a new washer and dryer set from Costco online. Nowhere does it say on the Costco website what installation parts will be supplied by them or me. Although it does say the installers will only use "new" parts.

If anyone has had this type of install done through Costco, can you tell me what, if anything, their installers supply with a fresh new installation? Or any installation for that matter.

I would guess new water supply hoses and a dryer vent hose would be on me, but I am not sure if they would expect new power cords, which I would hope come with the washer and dryer. The dryer is electric.

Thanks for any insight here.

While the installer may bring parts, they will most likely cost extra.
You'll need hoses for the washer plus vent hose and 220v power cord (if electric) for the dryer.

Another question I had is will they be charging for the installation parts?

No. The hoses and other connectors are included by the manufacturer with the new washer and dryer. At least that was the case when we purchased a new LG W&D a few years ago.

Last edited:
Not sure what Costco provides, but at a minimum I would spring for a new vent hose and new water hoses (stainless braided).

I suspect the installers have all these things, but maybe at an upcharge.

But, when they call to schedule delivery would be a good time to ask what is provided.

When we got a new fridge (local supplier), I asked if they could provide a new braided hose for the water line, back to the source. They said sure, for $150. I spent less than $20 on line and 15 minutes of labor, and had it ready when they arrived.

No. The hoses and other connectors are included by the manufacturer with the new washer and dryer.

Your experience is different than mine 8 months ago. Mfgers don't supply those parts for liability reasons (and the opportunity to charge extra).

Note this screen grab from the Costco website. Basic installation parts are included.

Attachments

• Appliance.jpg
    Appliance.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 55
I had washer and dryer installed by Costco. They provided all parts, no extra charge for install. That's included with Costco's installation. They will also haul away at no cost. This is what makes Costco a great deal as other retailers charge. Costco also includes an additional year warranty.

No. The hoses and other connectors are included by the manufacturer with the new washer and dryer. At least that was the case when we purchased a new LG W&D a few years ago.

Thanks, I may have a pair of stainless steel hoses on hand just in case. I can always return them if they are supplied.

If anyone has had this type of install done through Costco, can you tell me what, if anything, their installers supply with a fresh new installation? Or any installation for that matter.

I had a washer only, IIRC they put new hoses on. I even asked them to flip the layout as the new washer made better sense being on the left of the dryer. They did no problem. Costco installers are always very very good in my experience (also had a DW and Microwave from them). They do not come unprepared.

Costco installed our W & D about 3 years ago. They use top notch parts: ss braided hoses, high quality electrical plugs and a metal vent hose.

I haven't bought laundry appliances from Costco, but since Thanksgiving I've bought a dishwasher, microwave and refrigerator from them. One of costco's selling points if you look in the sale listing it will say they supply installation hoses etc and haul away at no added charge. Lowes and Home Depot will charge extra for installation, hoses and for haul away of old appliances.
Costco is on your side. Any problems and they will do their best. Now the bad news. Some manufacturers are downright poor in quality control. I had a refrigerator arrive with dozens of machine caused parallel scratches across it. The box was not damaged. I also had the microwave manufacturer send the installer a microwave, but it wasn't the one I ordered. In both cases Costco coordinated an exchange, but in both cases the manufacturer had none in stock in their warehouse, which caused a 3-4 week delay. I'm still glad I bought through Costco. The problems I had were not caused by them.

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone for the comments on your experiences. This is my first appliance order from Costco and I feel better about it now.

My most recent experience with Costco was not good. Dented fridge that did not cool the freezer below 10 degrees and took a long time to return.

Back
Top Bottom