Cannot do

Give birth to babies.

There's not much I can't do and do well that I also want to do. Playing a musical Instrument is probably it but I still intend to give it a go later on.

Those things I can't do that I don't want to do - plenty of those. But then I haven't really tried very hard on those.

I´m worthless at anything that is commonly thought as useful. And not too good at things generally considered useless. I´ve realised this sad and pathetic situation a long time ago. I´ve accepted it. I hope my current wife has, too:blush:

I'm not totally worthless; I can always be used as a bad example.

I've never really found anything that I can't do. There are any number of things that I can't do very well. But my biggest problem is sticking with anything long enough and passionately enough to be able to get really good at it. Short attention span.

Hmmm...after further thought, I've got a few things I can't do anymore. I used to cave and I've always been a big rollercoaster and thrill ride guy. But in the last 10 years I've become somewhat claustrophobic, and a bit prone to motion sickness. And I can't fit into my old jeans anymore, either. :blush:

I can't spontaneously belch, burp, make a bubble...eh whatever you want to call it.

Multitasking. I can do it, but not very well. This hurts me the most at work - I'm expected to do most of my paperwork while I am with my patient...but I find that I am so focused on teaching the patient, talking with them, etc., that I can't focus long enough to get the paperwork done right then either. When I do one thing, I do it really well, and when I get distracted from it, I have a hard time picking up where I left off. This is why I am always the one staying late to do my paperwork...:nonono:

I think my brain is better designed to do some kind of job where I work alone uninterrupted. However my personality is very caring and helpful, so I ended up in health care.

Multitasking. I can do it, but not very well. This hurts me the most at work - I'm expected to do most of my paperwork while I am with my patient...but I find that I am so focused on teaching the patient, talking with them, etc., that I can't focus long enough to get the paperwork done right then either. When I do one thing, I do it really well, and when I get distracted from it, I have a hard time picking up where I left off. This is why I am always the one staying late to do my paperwork...:nonono:

I think my brain is better designed to do some kind of job where I work alone uninterrupted. However my personality is very caring and helpful, so I ended up in health care.

I know exactly what you are saying about doing one thing very well rather than trying to mutitask and do several things at once. I'm the same way. My thought is, what would they rather have, do a really good job in one thing or do a crappy job in several things? :rolleyes:

I know exactly what you are saying about doing one thing very well rather than trying to mutitask and do several things at once. I'm the same way. My thought is, what would they rather have, do a really good job in one thing or do a crappy job in several things? :rolleyes:

Nice to know I'm not the only one who is this way. I agree with you of course! :)

My last five jobs have required me to do both. But of course, nobody can actually do that...so I compromise through really fast oscillation (Focus and do great work on one thing! Quick, do an adequate job on 3 things at once! Work on the 1 really good thing for a while! Oops, here come 3 things....and one of those had better be really good, but the other 2 can be mediocre...and so on).

Amethyst

Back
Top Bottom