Car Guy Dreams Thread

I like wagons and currently own a 850 Volvo, better hurry up the Cadillac wagon was discontinue last year. Not many folks like the wagons style cars!!!

I'm thinking of one that's three or four years old, so maybe a couple years from now I can start looking in earnest. (If everything else hangs together, and if I can bring myself to spend that much for a car that is officially classified as a gas guzzler.)

Anyone watch Jay Leno's Garage? Its on Wednesday evenings on CNBC. I live vicariously thru this show to get my classic/exotic/performance car & motorcycle fix.

I have a Saab 9-3 Viggen, extensively modified to put about 400 hp and 400 torque on the front wheels. It's stupid fast, and it's in the garage waiting for a clutch. Not that it's a dream car, but it's cured me of older cars that might prove maintenance-intensive.

Nice car! I have a lightly modified Saab 9000 as well as a 9-5 Aero wagon. Can't imagine the torque steer on a 400HP Viggen! Just did the clutch on my 9000 last year, which I assume will be similar to the 9-3. Wasn't bad until I tried to re-mate the transmission with the engine - lots and lots of cursing.

+1 Like most of the supercars I have owned, I do miss the M5, it was practical, comfortable and fast for such a heavy car. I attended the BMW M5 performance driving school in Spartanburg, SC; what a hoot that was.

I was booked on the M performance driving school but had to cancel. I am sure it would be fun. Interesting to contrast the old M5 with the V10 engine with the new M V8 engine. Totally different experiences. My M6 is a convertible and has the V10 engine. Keep it in Arizona and the top is always down. Going for a ride now. High revs, beautiful baritone sound track. The transmission not as good as the new DCT's though.

Jag XKE coupe or convertible - I'll take either, I'm not that picky
Triumph TR3
63 Split window Corvette
Mercedes 280SL Coupe (pagoda top)
Acura NSX
Lexus LS 460 - gotta have something to go grocery shopping!

I've had over 100 cars--courtesy of the auto manufacturer I worked 24 years with. And since I now have to buy'em, I keep my autos much longer.

And with so much car experience, I really don't dream of cars any longer. I do carefully choose my automobiles--except for my Jaguar XK9 convertible--for low depreciation and rock solid reliability.

If I wanted a specific dream car, I'd buy it. I mostly drive an old 13 year old pickup truck that still looks new.

I'm looking for a 71-72 Chevelle 454 SS. I will gladly provide some vino as an incentive, reward, or bribe for the apprehension of this vehicle.

Anyone watch Jay Leno's Garage? Its on Wednesday evenings on CNBC. I live vicariously thru this show to get my classic/exotic/performance car & motorcycle fix.
I am enjoying his CNBC show a lot, though I still watch his weekly show on YouTube too. Great stuff!

I'm looking for a 71-72 Chevelle 454 SS. I will gladly provide some vino as an incentive, reward, or bribe for the apprehension of this vehicle.

I haven't noticed 73SS454 (aka Joe) around here in a long time, I bet he might be able to give you some leads. I think he was in the car business and is certainly familiar with SS 454s. You might want to try to send him a message.

I am enjoying his CNBC show a lot, though I still watch his weekly show on YouTube too. Great stuff!
Just took a look and found this one of interest as I had seen it when nearing completion in the Ring Brothers shop. At the time we were told it was to eventually be on it's way to the owner across the pond. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $500k for this car.

Rut-row. When I did my list quite a while ago, I'd forgotten about this car. I'd have to make room for a Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce, nothing else looks like it. Any year before they bobbed the tail...

wallpapers-alfa-romeo-1750-spider-veloce-us-spec-105-1968-1969-144313.htm

Attachments

• alfa-romeo-1750-spider-veloce-01.jpg
    alfa-romeo-1750-spider-veloce-01.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 4
  • ac_Alfa%20Romeo%201750%20Spider%20Veloce%20head%20S1.jpg
    ac_Alfa%20Romeo%201750%20Spider%20Veloce%20head%20S1.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom