Cash in your pocket - file, clip or wad?

How do you store the cash you carry?

• Wadded up in pocket

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Filed in wallet

Votes: 55 69.6%
  • Bundled with money clip

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • I don't carry any cash

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
wrigley: Money is pretty stinky in its own right, but I used to work retail in the ghetto, and you can't believe how stinky money can be after someone has carried it around in a hot sweaty shoe for a couple of days. There were a couple of times (talking 3-4 single dollar bills) I threw the money out and replaced it with my own just so we wouldn't have to smell it. Extra bonus trivia question: Does anyone know what a "meatball" is, when refering to money?

Front pocket for everything; nothing in back pockets. CCs in wallet-like thing; cash folded in money clip.

I just checked: I currently am carrying two $20s (that I had looked at in a couple of years) and 22 cents.

Last night I pulled several wadded up but very clean bills out of the dryer, finders keepers I guess :) but I started to wonder how most folks store the cash in their pockets.

Do you (as my son does) wad em up in your pocket, file them in a wallet, or keep them bundled with a money clip?

I try to keep my wallet as flat as possible because a friend of mine ( a physician) tells me that a fat wallet puts too much pressure on your spine at the wrong angle while seated. Truck drivers never sit on their wallet while on the road. I tried a money clip but in the summer heat, while on the golf course, you sweat too much and the bills get damp. I've emptied my wallet of all unnecessary junk, business cards, photos, etc. Try to keep the number of bills down by always spending the ones and fives first. Just try to keep tens and twenties. I never carry fifties because I might get change back for a twenty and won't catch it. It's happened before.

I keep mine in a wallet, sorted, but not faced. I keep the wallet in a jacket pocket, or in my front pocket in warmer weather. Used to carry it in the back pocket but the pressure of sitting on it caused sciatica. You'd think all that fat would cushion it, but no.

I usually have a fairly good amount of cash in the wallet. Sometimes I get a chunk of cash (a few hundred bucks) from something like a return at Costco. I use my cash-back credit card for most purchases. I can go months without spending much of it, so it sort of builds up.

Some wadded up in front pocket, some in wallet, and some in the center console in SUV - usually less than $50 bucks total - and a trusty ATM/debit card in wallet.

Credit card for gas/bigger ticket items.

heh heh heh - :cool:

In a wallet, sorted by denomination, all facing the same direction.

Ditto.

I always carry some cash, never more than $200. Coins are annoying. I often purposely pay for small items such as coffee with small change in order to get rid of it.

When travelling abroad, I put my foreign currency in a small Ziplok bag and exchange it for the currency in my wallet during the flight. I usually put a note or two in an outside pocket for incidentals on arrival, e.g. taxi. I do carry a waist wallet but use it only in potentially dubious areas.

Wallet, sorted by denomination and facing the same way. Rarely more than $300, always more than $40. I still pay cash for gasoline and small purchases.

DW will run around with $10 or less, but I prefer her to have at least taxi fare home at all times. Cash somehow leaks out of her pocket though. She's also done the money-laundering thing so if I find cash in the washer or dryer I know it's her.

.....Rarely more than $300, always more than $40. I still pay cash for gasoline and small purchases.

DW will run around with $10 or less, but I prefer her to have at least taxi fare home at all times.......

For me there's rarely more than $40 in my pocket...usually $30 or less. I haven't seen a cashier at a gas station in years....always 'pay at the pump'. And other than coffee and tips, I almost never pay with cash.....either a CC linked to my checking acct., or a 'rewards' CC.

Back
Top Bottom