Cash in your pocket - file, clip or wad?

How do you store the cash you carry?

• Wadded up in pocket

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Filed in wallet

Votes: 55 69.6%
  • Bundled with money clip

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • I don't carry any cash

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Janet H

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Last night I pulled several wadded up but very clean bills out of the dryer, finders keepers I guess :) but I started to wonder how most folks store the cash in their pockets.

Do you (as my son does) wad em up in your pocket, file them in a wallet, or keep them bundled with a money clip?

Attachments

• klip.jpg
    klip.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 194
  • wad.jpg
    wad.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 194
  • Wallet-002.gif
    Wallet-002.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 192
I avoid cash for that and other reasons.

me: faced, sorted, and filed.
her: stuffed, sprinkled about, wadded. Not at all uncommon for her to have largish bills hanging out of her purse and the purse left sitting on the floor as she shops or wanders about. Can't think of a time her purse has been stolen, wouldn't know if she has lost any - figure it's because it looks too much like a Police bait scheme - or she has karma to burn, a distinct possibility.

I keep mine in my wallet, all facing the same direction and in order of denomination. If some ends up in my pocket it's in the same order, but folded over twice. If cash ends up in the laundry I can always tell whose it was.

Sorted in my wallet and I always kept whatever I found in the dryer I figured it was a tip for a job well done !

My brother uses a money clip, but I could never do that. Always in my wallet. Of course I'm almost OCD about making sure I have my wallet with me at all times. Brother leaves his in the glove box a lot.

I keep mine in my wallet, all facing the same direction and in order of denomination.
Same here except if i'm going to be in a place with a greater risk of pick pocketing. Then i'll fold it, bills in order of denomination, and put it in my pocket. Sometimes spread out over several pockets.

I use a cheapo imitation leather CC case as a wallet...don't need anything bigger than that! Along with my DL, CC, and a couple of other ID/Membership card, I fold $5 bills and larger tri-fold style and stick the $5 & $10 bills in one side behind my ID cards, and the $20 bills behind my DL and CC in the other side. $1 bills are folded in half and just stuck in the middle of the closed CC case for easy access.

I normally carry it in my front pocket so I don't lose it, or get it picked out of my back pocket, and also 'cause I can't stand sitting on stuff.....make me sit lop-sided and bothers my back...that's the #1 reason I quit using a regular wallet!

Never touch the stuff.

Having cash in your pocket just gives you license to spend it. If I do end up with cash for some odd reason, that goes in the wallet, change goes in the tip jar or else it ends up stuck in my vacuum cleaner.

I carry my cash in my wallet, but my wallet isn't long enough to have the bills flattened out, so I fold bills of the same denomination together.

So mostly I carry a couple of 1s folded together, except on payday when we're flush and I've got a 5 or two in there.

Change goes in the change part of my wallet until it's too much and then I dump it into a Nalgene bottle on my dresser. I'll use the change jar for something, but can't figure out what, yet. That's a New Year's resolution -- figure out what to spend the chump change on.

I have recently started using the "envelope system" for several of my budget categories. Instead of paper envelopes, which would fall apart much too quickly, I use several little change purse/badge holders left over from business meetings. Inside each, the cash is jumbled together any which way. I guess that's "other"—it's a wad, but not in my pocket. Before that, my cash was a wad in my pocket, but I carried very little of it and paid for nearly everything with my debit card.

In my wallet, all mixed up. Here each denomination is a different color/size so it's fast and easy to find the bill you need.

I'm with Goonie--back problems always prohibited me from carrying a wallet in my back pocket. I have about 10 cards (license, credit card, library card, Kroger card, etc.) that are wrapped with 2 3 x 5 cards taped together (inside of the 3 x 5's I have all pertinent phone#s and addresses of relatives, friends). Around that I wrap all my cash (all in order and smoothed out). Secure it all with those big, thick rubberbands that I get from the library for free. Nice, small, tight package. I used to try and use money clips, but they always seemed to get sprung and not hold. On a completely different note, my brother-in-law is a Vet with bad diabetes, and has been taking blind-type courses in case he eventually goes blind. Government had never designed money of different shapes and feel, and he said blind people fold different denominations in different shapes (double fold, triple fold , corners turned), so they know what's what.

I keep mine in my pocket but sorted by denomination, singles on the outside, 5s, 10s, 20s. I avoid carrying anything larger except when the darn ATM dumps a 50 on me. Never carry a 100.

mine are randomly stuffed/scrunched into my 3" thick wallet

In my shoe (can't break that habit my mom taught me when she sent me off to camp each summer). It really freaks people out in the grocery store check out line when I go to pay! :)

Mike

In a wallet, sorted by denomination, all facing the same direction.

Back
Top Bottom