Certified Retirement Coaches

tangomonster

Full time employment: Posting here.
To think that almost all of us on this board are happily and successfully retired, doing it all on our own---when we could have had a retirement coach! Yup, the newest way that people are trying to cash in on us baby boomers is by selling training and certification to wannabe coaches and then charging the recommended $300 per month for four half hour sessions (that's $75 a session for a coach who doesn't even have to have a college degree, unlike a counselor).

Retirement Coach Institute - Frequently Asked Questions

And here's a wonderful little quiz to see if Retirement Coaching is right for you:

Retirement Coach Institute - Assessment Quiz

So why don't we on this board just bypass the Retirement Coach Institute and certify some of our own illustrious members on our own---FIRE coaches? The floor is open for nominations....

DAMN!!! You mean there are suckers willing to pay? And I been giving it away for free!!!

Last edited:
Now that the market for signing up suckers for courses on how to flip houses has dried up, the schemers are looking for a new market with a new batch of suckers.

Did you like their use of the word "passionate"? Sounds like insurance salesmen passing themselves off as FAs while trying to sell EIAs.

$3000. to be a DELUX coach
$2500. to be a BASIC coach

No explaination of the difference - - must be their way of making you feel that you are getting a good deal for $2500. ?!

There was a t.v. show called "Starting Over" with life coaches last year. I think it ran for like 2 or 2-1/2 years on t.v. Closed because one of the main originators (the woman half) got breast cancer and died, and she was the primary producer for this show.
Believe it or not, it was pretty interesting. They had the women do all sorts of projects depending on what goals they were trying to achieve. Many graduated and some had pretty astounding personality changes (heck, who of us doesn't have some self-defeating behavior that we should change?).
So fluffy as it sounds, it was really well done I felt, anyway (I was a psych major, but I didn't expect to work in that field, anyway). Some of the projects appeared stupid at first, but then I got the goal once they finished the project they were assigned to do. The best thing about the show is that they didn't fool around. If one of the ladies didn't complete their task, they were shown the door and flown home.
Not sure if this Life Coach thing has caught on much, tho. I would be curious to see some statistics on it. It has been suggested to me by a few friends, but I, too, thought it sounded pricey...especially since I am not even sure people are using Life Coaches much yet.

I'll be the coach:

Here's what you need to do Mr. Customer.
-Budget
-Save
-Invest

That'll be $75. Call me next week for a review.

What a load of !!! :p

Become a Professional Retirement Coach in Just 6 Months and Start Earning $100,000 Or More Helping People Create a Retirement Lifestyle They Love!

The average worker retires at age 59 – and within a short time is unhappy and considering returning to work. As a retirement coach you can help people create a retirement lifestyle that meets more than their financial needs, but is personally fulfilling too!

Chinaco, I agree totally with you: what a load of it! I have noone I know of who has even used a Life Coach, don't even know one (although I met a kinda guy in Chicago who was going to take the course), don't even know anyone who has ever used one. It is a great concept....but, I think from what I can see, one that has not caught on yet.
I'm still laughing at the line "Start Earning $100,000 Or More..." Yeah...right.... What a crock!

I'm overqualified, they don't want me..........:)

Sounds like I want to be the TRAINER, and collect the BIG MONEY.........:)

Back
Top Bottom