Channeling Tom Petty

Life_is_Good

Recycles dryer sheets
The other day DW and I were working on a jigsaw puzzle and listening to some tunes on the stereo. We commented that we hadn't heard any music from Tom Petty in a long time. We wondered what he was up to in terms of music and concerts. The conversation was short and then we were on to another topic.

Later that afternoon while I was working in the garage, guess what came on the radio (almost immediately after turning it on)? Yup, a Tom Petty song. While I noticed the coincidence, I soon forgot about it and didn't mention it to DW.

Later that same evening I was watching my beloved LA Lakers play a home game on tv. At several points in the game, the camera panned by all the celebrities in the crowd and then it froze on .... Tom Petty of all people! They gave him extended camera time twice! Holy smokes! Who new this guy was even a basketball fan!

Since that one day, someone seems to have changed my channel.

But... that's weird, right?

Hmmm...channeling is the best word. As for me, I call it a cohinkydinky....

...and yeah, this type of thing happens to me every once in a while.

Check out Mojo, his latest. Like it a lot.

After he did the Supergbowl, they played his songs a lot and he went out on a concert tour. Then it died off. This afternoon, I expect to get into my car and hear his song on the radio.

I live in the KC area, he plays here once or twice a year. He has a large fan base in the Midwest, and often tries out his new stuff here. I can't even tell you how many times I've been to one of his concerts!

It takes an act of Congress (and barrel of $) to see him around here. Never been because I don't want to sit in some nose bleed stadium seats. Maybe I'll look into a mid-West gig and make a mini-getaway out of it.

Check out Mojo, his latest. Like it a lot.

Yes Mojo is an excellent album and more back to basics. Won't likely do well commercially as there are no real 'hits', but very well done!

Exactly, roots music, really dig it.

Just checked the website and looks like his tour is over. Bummer.

Maybe he'll play somewhere with Mudcrutch!

saw him in concert in 1994- great time...it was my first concert ever...and the first time i ever smelled that smell....maybe that's where i learned to love it?

Whether it's channeling or something else, similar things seem to happen to me quite often. The other day, I brought up the name 'Wiley Post' during a discussion of flying (no, not the scope or grope argument). Anyway, no one seemed to know who I was talking about, so I mentioned that he piloted the plane which crashed with Will Rogers on board. Folks were interested enough that I mentioned the movie "The Story of Will Rogers" (1952 starring Will Rogers Jr.). The next morning, I was playing channel roulette with the TV and that movie was on. Hadn't seen it in several years. I had flipped the channel to the exact spot where Will Rogers first met Wiley Post. Doo, doo, DOO, do. Doo, doo DOO, doo.

YouTube - The Story of Will Rogers - (Original Trailer)

saw him in concert in 1994- great time...it was my first concert ever...and the first time i ever smelled that smell....maybe that's where i learned to love it?

I had a similar experience, only it was Steppenwolf, and 1970... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom