Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-24-2008, 02:58 AM   #41
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
Heres a color laser for $199 after rebates, comes with 1000 page toners. $50 for a b&w and $58 each for the three color toners. Not too bad.
[/url]
CFB, I see that's a Dell printer, and the specs listed claim that it's not network ready, yet the connectivity shows both USB and Ethernet. Wouldn't the Ethernet connectivity imply that it is network ready? What would it take to make it communicate via TCP/IP over the Ethernet? Is there something else I am missing to hook it up and use it via the LAN?:confused::confused::confused:

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2008, 03:19 AM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
Nice little b&w laser from staples, $69. Even nicer the replacement toners are only 36.99. Thats CHEEEP!

Staples.comŽ. that was easyŽ.

Heres a color laser for $199 after rebates, comes with 1000 page toners. $50 for a b&w and $58 each for the three color toners. Not too bad.

Man... some more good prices.

By the way... DW likes that PAYG phone you recommended a while back. It is working out nicely. We dumped our contract... figure we will save around $500 this year on it.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:37 AM   #43
Give me a forum ...

Whitestick...looks like it needs this
Dell : DELL 1320c Network Adapter for Dell 1320c Color Laser Printer : Printers, Ink & Toner : Dell Outlet Business & Education

Which although I dont have a good look at it, seems to just be the plug that snaps in to accept the ethernet cable. Little boogers may have the ethernet chip already in the printer and just sell you the connector :

For less dough you can do a wireless print server connected to it with USB.

Chinaco, that is a nice little phone, aint it? Its a little small...I cant hold it between my head and shoulder when I need to use both hands while talking, but its nice for dropping it in a pocket.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Heres a no-brainer:

Refurbished HP 2600 color laser ships with a 2500 page black and 2000 page color toners. $149.

Replacement toners ARE expensive, so this is sort of a throwaway.

These will go pretty quick. They're in store and can be shipped free ordered from the web site.

Oh and its huge and wicked heavy for a printer. 40lbs.

Fast ethernet built in.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #45
Give me a forum ...

And if you go here
HP Staples Sign Up 3

And sign up to be spammed by HP (which can be unsubscribed later) you'll instantly receive a coupon good for $20 off any staples HP order over $100, which applies to the above printer.

So its $129 after discounts and coupons, delivered free.

I got one. Couldnt stand it. Best deal I've ever seen on a full size networked color laser with decent size toners.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
And sign up to be spammed by HP (which can be unsubscribed later)
Top Free Temporary | Disposable Email Services
Old 04-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #47
Give me a forum ...

I keep a hotmail account I've used since hotmail launched for all my ebiz. Everything about coupons, orders, shipping notices and all that stuff goes to that one. My regular gmail account is for all other personal email. My ISP allows me to create and use up to six email accounts, so I periodically set one of those up and use it for a while for one-off crud and spam avoidance and when it starts attracting 100 pieces of spam a day I delete it and make a new one.

Having the one permanent mailbox for all purchasing/coupon/ebiz transactions is really, really handy.

I'm really surprised they're selling this at this price. Only thing that might be a problem is if it shows up with smaller or no toners and they just forgot to mention that in the product information.

But thats easy to remedy...drive over to staples and give it back.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Got the new color laser today. NICE! The built in networking works way simpler and easier than my old Minolta printer. Did come with the 2500 page black and 2000 page color toners.

All in all a steal for $129. Staples still shows them in stock...
Old 06-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #49
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

1800emart.com has doubled their prices since I ordered a couple months ago. Booooo hisss! I'm going to try Carrotink.com that some of our board members rave about. Bye-bye to 1800emart.com and their overpriced ink.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:46 PM   #50
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchidflower View Post
1800emart.com has doubled their prices since I ordered a couple months ago. Booooo hisss! I'm going to try Carrotink.com that some of our board members rave about. Bye-bye to 1800emart.com and their overpriced ink.
Before you Booooo hisss! 1800emart, maybe you want to check carrot:

Canon BCI-24Bk inkjet cartridges - Carrot Ink

Carrot BCI-24BK Compatible Black Ink Tank $4.50

Canon BCI-24BK, Compatible Black Ink Tank for Canon MultiPASS MP390, PIXMA iP2000 BJC4000

1800emart BCI-24BK: One for $4.20, 2+ for $4.00 each

Here is where I went in Aug 2007 (inkandbeyond.com):

Canon Compatible Black Ink Cartridge for Canon BCI-24B, BCI-24BK (BCI24B, BCI-24, BCI 24 Black) Compatible with i, S, MultiPASS, Pixma Series

BCI-24B Sale price: $1.59, 3/$4.53, 6/$8.64, 12/$16.32

-ERD50
Old 01-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #51
Give me a forum ...

Bump!

OK, I know this is an old thread, but it is an ongoing expense. I had been recycling my ink jet cartridges at Office Max and getting either a free ream of printer paper or cash back, but they don't do that anymore.

Is anyone getting paid for empty ink jet cartridges?