Coffee - What is your favorite?

chinaco

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I like coffee. Developed a taste for some of the stronger ones like Ethiopian coffee. Strong stuff.

What is your favorite cup of Joe? Do you like it iced or hot?

Kona! Hot, no ice.

Anything is better than Navy coffee, with the possible exception of USMC coffee...

Maxwell House-I have a cup or two in the morning. I like Starbucks once in a blue moon.

My coffee has to be hot. Cold coffee makes me gag.

Nords said:
Kona! Hot, no ice.

Anything is better than Navy coffee, with the possible exception of USMC coffee...

Hey, Navy coffee was what got me hooked on caffeine. I can remember having to get up on watch in the middle of the night on the USS Guam. If it wasn't for that Navy Mud, I would have fallen back asleep.

Of course I have gottne a little higher class in my caffeine addition now days.

Great Value French Roast, hot, with a splash o' milk, and an occasional SB's cafe mocha. Never acquired a taste for cold coffee...

Next can will be Kirkland's dark roast Columbian...

Starbucks Verona
Maxwell house French roast
Flavia Columbian (machine at work)
Dunkin Donuts

Hell....I just like coffee! :D

chinaco said:
Of course I have gottne a little higher class in my caffeine addition now days.
We may all know how to make Navy coffee, but now that we're out of the service we never seem to get around to making it!

I still remember torpedoman Chip Wydeven on the midwatch, who used to pour the dregs of the pot (which had been on the heater since that morning) into a crusty mug and add two or three teabags. By 4 AM he'd practically be levitating off the deckplates and jumping out of his skin-- you could practically smell the caffeine oozing out of his pores. He finally ran out of challenges in the submarine force and volunteered for SEAL training...

Here's what the local archeologists call "Cowboy Coffee"- Take a handful of coffee out of the can or bag, toss it into the bottom of the coffee pot, fill it with water, put over the camp fire until in begins to form "tiny bubbles", serve.

It's a bit gritty, but on a cold January AM in a Bell county camp, it tastes mighty fine.

Kono? No. Starbucks? No. But it will damn sure wake you up in the AM and warm you inside out.

A cup of Chuck full of Nuts at home in the morning

A large cup of French Roast when I arrive at work

Occasional Starbucks Grande Cappucino

chinaco said:
I like coffee. Developed a taste for some of the stronger ones like Ethiopian coffee. Strong stuff.

What is your favorite cup of Joe? Do you like it iced or hot?

Cafe au lait at Morning Call, after midnight, with beignets.

Sumatra Blue Batak - light roast. :p

i favor peaberry coffee. trader joes many times has some
variety of peaberry coffee that's usually pretty good for the
price.

-mike

mickeyd said:
Here's what the local archeologists call "Cowboy Coffee"- Take a handful of coffee out of the can or bag, toss it into the bottom of the coffee pot, fill it with water, put over the camp fire until in begins to form "tiny bubbles", serve.

I've made that on several occasions when a coffee maker wasn't around....or electricity! All you have to do is take the pot off the fire and hold it still for a few seconds to let most of the grounds settle to the bottom.....if you're pouring for someone that you're not fond of, just slosh it around once before you pour theirs! :D

At home we use Folgers. A few days a week I meet up with friends at Hardee's for coffee...it's pretty good. I also hit BP Amoco and our local 'hometown' grocery store for coffee.....both quite good. On VERY rare occasions I'll nab a french vanilla cappuccino somewhere or another.

Never really cared for Starbucks.....personally I don't think it's all that great......and it's too 'pricey' for my taste also. That's just my opinion so it's got to be correct. ;)

Lions Gold
Lions Chocolate Macadamia Nut
Stumptown Hairbender

Costco's Kirkland brand coffee is actually pretty decent.

Sometimes when I want a treat I'll have a Starbuck's cinnamon mocha or a mocha valencia.

I really like coffee. We get ours delivered by the UPS man from Gevalia. It costs a lot but their whole bean Columbian is worth it. We use paper filters in a single cup Mellita dripper. We used to add heavy cream but about 10 years ago cut back to half and half. Mmmm.

I don't like flavored coffees or the French or Italian roast as it comes across as burnt to me. Also, Starbucks' coffee tastes burnt but I just can't spend $4.00 for a cup of coffee.

Mike D.

Is Cafe Du Mond still there?

I know the one in the French Quarter is still open. I assume the one in the Metarie area is also, but I am not sure.

Green Mountain is our fave supplier. Their limited edition coffees are amazing (but expensive - don't even want to calculate $ per pound). Also like most of their other coffees, especially the Sumatran, Sulawesi and Yemen Moka.

peets! house blend...usually, right now have the major dickinson? and that's stronger, more chocolatey...in general peet's is very strong even in a regular drip maker.

have an alpina burr grinder and use an italian moka pot...since i work from home this is my coffee house coffee morning ritual... :D

Back
Top Bottom