I'm lazy, like K cup coffee and my Keurig died for good!

I never understood the whole K-cup thing... Very expensive machine and insanely expensive coffee that doesn't even taste as good as what I get from my just as easy to use drip machine. I use the Hamilton Beach BrewStation that dispenses coffee directly into your cup. No carafe to clean or accidently break. Yea, I broke a few of those glass carafes before I discovered the BrewStation.

Last edited:
I never understood the whole K-cup thing... Very expensive machine and insanely expensive coffee that doesn't even taste as good as what I get from my just as easy to use drip machine. I use the Hamilton Beach BrewStation that dispenses coffee directly into your cup. No carafe to clean or accidently break. Yea, I broke a few of those glass carafes before I discovered the BrewStation.

I totally agree with you! Someone gave me one when they were moving and once I realized it only took k cups I gave it to the thrift store. No way am I making any more plastic garbage than necessary. Of course I try to use anything washable versus anything that has to be thrown away.

If you think Kcup is expensive, look at Nespresso machines cost and the cost of those pods.

I totally agree with you! Someone gave me one when they were moving and once I realized it only took k cups I gave it to the thrift store. No way am I making any more plastic garbage than necessary. Of course I try to use anything washable versus anything that has to be thrown away.

They don’t only take k-cups. You can use your own coffee and it comes out very good, no plastic waste. I’ll keep trying to get the word out.

They don’t only take k-cups. You can use your own coffee and it comes out very good, no plastic waste. I’ll keep trying to get the word out.

I don’t get the k-cup thing either unless you only have single 5 oz cup per day or household members want different glavors, decaf, hot chocolate, etc. Using the refillable K cup seems like work that defeats the main advantage of the k cup system. And now they have paper filters? The grocery store coffee aisle is being overtaken by k cup products!

I don’t get the k-cup thing either unless you only have single 5 oz cup per day

That basically summarizes my use, actually 8oz. Just a morning start, after that I'm set with my Diet Mountain Dew. [emoji106]. Oh, and my wife uses it for hot water for tea several times a day.

I don’t get the k-cup thing either unless you only have single 5 oz cup per day or household members want different glavors, decaf, hot chocolate, etc. Using the refillable K cup seems like work that defeats the main advantage of the k cup system. And now they have paper filters? The grocery store coffee aisle is being overtaken by k cup products!
DH and I don’t share coffee. We don’t drink that much either so a fresh cup on demand at the size desired (I usually select 12 oz) works well. I usually have 1 a day, DH less.

And we don’t use paper filters either. A tiny bit of sludge but far less than the French press and much easier clean-up because a sharp tap easily releases the grounds from the reusable filter basket. We kind of consider it the best of all worlds.

I usually enjoy a couple of Nespresso’s later in the day as well, ha ha.

Last edited:
That looks tempting.

I was tempted to buy one of the Tchibo machines. I’ve seen them as low as $299 on Amazon.

But I don’t drink enough coffee. It would take a long time to break even over my Nespresso machine.

Using the refillable K cup seems like work that defeats the main advantage of the k cup system.
Thank you! I've tried the fill your own K-cups. They are a pain in the arse! I've spilled more coffee trying to get the grounds into that tiny little cup. Then getting the top on correctly so the grounds don't come out, then setting the piece in just right so it works properly... also a pain! And no... the coffee does not come out as good than in a good quality drip machine that IMO is so much easier to use. I make coffee every morning just for myself with my Hamilton Beach effortlessly with no spill, no mess, no fuss and comes out perfectly every time. 200 standard coffee filters cost about $1.69 at the super market. Even less at Aldi or the dollar store. I wouldn't take a Keurig machine either if it was given to me for free.

Last edited:
You do realize that you are adding $0.05/cup of coffee using these filters! :eek:
I can afford $18.25 a year for the convenience but in reality is it a lot less because we brew an 8 cup pot more often than not.

Last edited:
We use those k-cup filters as well. It makes it so much easier to clean out the reuseable k-cups... just dump it into compost or trash and a quick rinse.

ETA: When I add an image is there anyway to make it smaller?

There, fixed it, using Paint :)

Attachments

• K cups 2.png
    K cups 2.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 18
Thank you! I've tried the fill your own K-cups. They are a pain in the arse! I've spilled more coffee trying to get the grounds into that tiny little cup. Then getting the top on correctly so the grounds don't come out, then setting the piece in just right so it works properly... also a pain! And no... the coffee does not come out as good than in a good quality drip machine that IMO is so much easier to use. I make coffee every morning just for myself with my Hamilton Beach effortlessly with no spill, no mess, no fuss and comes out perfectly every time. 200 standard coffee filters cost about $1.69 at the super market. Even less at Aldi or the dollar store. I wouldn't take a Keurig machine either if it was given to me for free.

Buy a k cup filler, it s a little spoon like thing, with a flip and the cone area fills the k cup.Check amazon or the web.(sorry, I don't know how to post from another website)

Just want to mention we have no problem filling and using and dumping the reusable filters, and prefer the coffee that results. To each his own of course.

Well, an update....I bought an off brand K cup machine on sale and returned it as the 6, 8, and 10 ounce setting all produced only 8 ounces each. :facepalm:

So, I went with a Keurig K-Express machine on sale at $59.00 which has been great and gives me two settings i want: "bolder" and "12 ounce". Plus, my 7 1/4" travel mug fits under the discharge. :cool:

Last edited:
Well, an update....I bought an off brand K cup machine on sale and returned it as the 6, 8, and 10 ounce setting all produced only 8 ounces each. :facepalm:

So, I went with a Keurig K-Express machine on sale at $59.00 which has been great and gives me two settings i want: "bolder" and "12 ounce". Plus, my 7 1/4" travel mug fits under the discharge. :cool:
Does it take k-cups or ground coffee?

Back
Top Bottom