Confessions of a true CHEAPSKATE

How many cloths are you talking about? I don't see how 3 or 4 washcloths a week is adding to the number of laundry loads.

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking more like 15 per week.

What if you just left them hang to dry for a few more hours? The clothes (even jeans and towels) dry in 24 hours (or less) in the winter(and that's upstairs and not in the furnace and laundry room).

I drink hot water in the winter. Use an electric cup warmer to keep tea/water warm in winter.

Don't go out that much, so don't carry water.
oh i do leave them to dry almost all the way. i use the dryer to finish up and get the wrinkles out. once warm weather hits, i use my screened in porch which is equipped with a retractable clothesline for drying. then a short stint in the ol amp burner (dryer) and I just hang them up. I hate folding and/or ironing and avoid both to the max. :)

the covered porch is great cuz rain or shine, i set the time i want to mess with them. and the fresh air is better than dryer sheets any day.

anything to save a watt and make my job easier. LOL

All clothes super markdown or second hand, except for underwear which I skip. Just hope I am never in an accident, Mom would roll over in her grave if I showed up in an ER with no underwear on.
i believe the expression from our friend Paris Hilton is going "commando"

LMAO

too funny

Like I know it is weird to go to Great Clips and get my hair cut for $13 (I seldom ever see other women there), but to me it's just where I get my hair cut----and everyone else with their $50+ haircuts are overspending.
not weird at all...very smart!

haircuts - i have a nice little hair salon (unisex) run by a mother and 2 daughters that does a quick cut and style for $10. add a 20% tip and i'm still ahead of the game. i can't remember the last time i spent more than $15 on a hair cut.

so i have them cut it short and sassy and let it grow out. i cut my own bangs in between so i can see. LOL

i get 3 hairstyles for the price of one as it grows out. super short, medium short, and regular length. once a month visit to them is all i need. and get this...they actually have a punch card for buy 10 haircuts, get one free.

haircuts - i have a nice little hair salon (unisex) run by a mother and 2 daughters that does a quick cut and style for $10. add a 20% tip and i'm still ahead of the game. i can't remember the last time i spent more than $15 on a hair cut.

so i have them cut it short and sassy and let it grow out. i cut my own bangs in beteewn so i can see. LOL

i get 3 hairstyles for the price of one as it grows out. super short, medium short, and regular length. once a month visit to them is all i need. and get this...they actually have a punch card for buy 10 haircuts, get one free.

I just stopped cutting it.

actually I was kidding about the underwear in my previous post. Trying to be funny. Besides it is way too cold here.

But I do have the ultimate cheapskate story.

Had a boss once who went around the office and took Candy off of people's desks in October and saved it to hand out for Halloween. People were just being nice and would keep a bowl of miniature candy bars or wrapped hard candy, and he would make the rounds several times a day and take a few pieces from each and hide them in his desk.

I viewed it as stealing as it was not what was intended. But we all have different standards.

The real problem with this walk is what could happen to you right about Charleston Street. The middle part of Las Vegas Bvld (north of Circus) is definitley not Beverly Hills.

Ha
It isn't, and that is exactly where they were wanting to get on the bus (actually north of Charleston St.) ... about 2 blocks south of Fremont St. But still walkable ... in the daytime ... BUT not anytime after April ... it was June :rolleyes:

actually I was kidding about the underwear in my previous post.

And here I thought you had achieved the ultimate in "retiring wild and free".

I was also worried for you about aphids and burrs when you are out gardening.

During 90-day underways we learned interesting longevity facts about "fresh" fruits & veggies. Six weeks is usually the median (even for lettuce) and eight weeks isn't too unusual. The key is keeping away the water droplets but maintaining adequate humidity.

Eggs in a very cold bilge will make it 60-70 days with no problems.

Frozen milk in an elastic bladder-- no problem. Don't try it with plastic containers.

In the mid-1980s I was eating beef that had been labeled during the Korean War. I have no idea how to verify the accuracy of that packaging.

When not even the junior auxiliary-systems mechanics would eat the fruit or the veggies then the cooks would shift to rehydrating dried foods. To this day, though, I can't stand three-bean salad.

This morning I was attempting to gross out spouse with CFB's story about his mouse-nibbled ramen when she said "Heck, it gets boiled for three minutes, right? I wouldn't waste good ramen noodles by cutting off the mouse-chewed portions."

I think I'll be cooking my own ramen from now on...

um, how long ago did you turn in the scissors?
Now we're going to have to split hairs between "cheap" and "lazy". And what about the extra time spent cleaning up hairballs & drains?

It'll be six years for me on 30 April...

um, how long ago did you turn in the scissors?

I was cutting it myself for a while; I stopped cutting it at all when early out was approved (Nov '04).

Now we're going to have to split hairs between "cheap" and "lazy". And what about the extra time spent cleaning up hairballs & drains?

It'll be six years for me on 30 April...

Being lazy enables one in being cheap.

I was cutting it myself for a while; I stopped cutting it at all when early out was approved (Nov '04).

Being lazy enables one in being cheap.
hmmm...early out in late 04, no more scissors since then...

the mental image is killing me. :D

unless you're just busting my chops...

hmmm...early out in late 04, no more scissors since then...

the mental image is killing me. :D

unless you're just busting my chops...

I think that when I retire, I'll stop having my hair cut, too. If I eventually want it shorter, I'll just cut it myself and I won't even care if it's a little uneven, not even one bit.

Back
Top Bottom