Cook-book misprint

I'm now canceling any plans I might have had to visit Australia :hide:
;)

An Australian publisher has had to pulp and reprint a cook-book after one recipe listed "salt and freshly ground black people" instead of black pepper.

Not sure how spell-check would have caught this. Just bad proofing.

Awaiting Rev. Sharpton's comments that all U.S. diplomatic connections with Australia be severed immediately.

Awaiting Rev. Sharpton's comments that all U.S. diplomatic connections with Australia be severed immediately.

Oh! ... I wonder how many prepared it before it was declared a "misprint."

Hey, it could have been worse. What if it was a vegetarian cook book?

I'll check at our grocer later, but I'm pretty sure they carry only the frozen variety of this particular ingredient. I might have to search to find it fresh. I'm not sure if that is funny, or just plain gross! Oh well, take what I say with a grain of salt and a dash of....oh no.

Oh my, I tried to say it out loud to my wife, and it took me three tries I was laughing so much. Poor pubisher, this is going to stick with them a long time. Actually, they are probably flying off the shelves so people can get the original edition. Watch for it on ebay, if you are into very odd collectibles. Maybe it was clever, yet very risky, publicity stunt. Everyone would figure -they would never do that on purpose! It's like the 'perfect crime'!

-ERD50

Not as bad as Julia Child telling people to bake bread on an asbestos cement brick (although that wasn't a misprint).

I'm a fan of the original "Joy of Cooking" cookbook. Sometimes they have tiny little stories associated with particular recipies. In the section discussing how to cook steaks, they told a story of a restaurant sign that said "Steaks Cooked to your Likeness." I find this endlessly funny.

Mike D.

Back
Top Bottom