Costco Beer

cbo111

Full time employment: Posting here.
So, most of who imbibe know about the good wine deals at Costco. I just discovered they offer Kirkland Craft Brewed beer. It comes in a 24-bottle variety pack that is outstanding. I like the Pilsner and the APA Pale Ale. Priced at $21.99, I consider it a great value.

Saw that last week but decided I didn't want to risk a whole case of bad beer. The Trader Joe's private label beer did not live up to expectations.....Especially the IPA.

Will give it a shot next time I do the Costco thing.

Last edited:
I haven't seen that lately, but in the past when Costco offered this kind of thing you could find the name of the actual brewery that produced it somewhere on the label of the bottle. Although sometimes the brewery will use a somewhat different dba name for such contract brewing.

In any event, it should be at least drinkable.

My problem with variety pack is that I don’t like some of the varieties. So the dark stuff that resembles Guinness, isn’t going to get drank. So, a waste, even if it is good relative to other similar beers. Thankfully, I don’t drink enough that it’s important enough to save a few bucks. I’ll try different things when I’m out, but for home drinking, I get a few beers that I know I like. Though I bet a few of them are at Costco.

I'd rather just buy a whole case (at Costco) of one type of beer that I know I like... especially since they carry some of my fave local breweries: Stone; Green Flash; Karl Strauss.

As mentioned above - there are styles of beer I don't prefer... so they'd go to waste.

I've bought their variety pack once or twice. I thought it was pretty good, I would not say outstanding, but heck, if you like it you like it, and they were all good (maybe it was their IPA I didn't care so much for, but the APA was good). And a decent price. But I usually find something I'm more interested in.

-ERD50

I have bought it from time to time. They do change the mix every so often. It’s good value except that there is often one beer I don’t care for.

I'd rather just buy a whole case (at Costco) of one type of beer that I know I like... especially since they carry some of my fave local breweries: Stone; Green Flash; Karl Strauss.

As mentioned above - there are styles of beer I don't prefer... so they'd go to waste.

Ahhh, that's cool that your Costco carries some of the local brewery products too.

Our Costco also carries some from a brewery started by one of the guys in our home-brew club. Next time I see him, I'll have to ask about how that connection happened.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom