Cougars???

Have seen "Harold and Maude" a while back. Extremely bizarre movie.

Seriously, if one were to look to date again after being divorced or widowed, wouldn't one look in his or her age group first? Sexual desire asides, isn't compatibility more guaranteed by age? I myself do not see how I would get along with a "young thing". It is unlikely she would be truly loving me, and what could we be talking about? What is in common? Am I among the few on earth who value companionship more than sex?

Me, too. Frank and I have so much in common, due to being essentially in the same generation. He is 6 years younger than me, but still we both remember the Kennedy assassination, pay phones, the Iran hostage crisis, how to operate a sliderule, waiting for hours in gas lines, and so much else that we simply do not share with those who are much younger. I think that if I were dating someone in his 30's, I'd spend half my time explaining these things and the other half explaining why I am more interested in retiring than in training to climb Mt. Everest these days.

Seriously, if one were to look to date again after being divorced or widowed, wouldn't one look in his or her age group first? Sexual desire asides, isn't compatibility more guaranteed by age? I myself do not see how I would get along with a "young thing". It is unlikely she would be truly loving me, and what could we be talking about? What is in common? Am I among the few on earth who value companionship more than sex?
Eh...people are different; for me the age doesn't matter much. I have one stipulation however. If he doesn't make me laugh.....adios mi amigo...:greetings10:

If he doesn't make me laugh

here ya go

clown.PNG

I agree with bbbamI, it's not the category, it's the individual person. As far as shared history, I can't remember the last time I even thought about the day Kennedy died, or who killed John Lennon or the first moonwalk, or the day the Wall came down, let alone talked to anyone about it. Some of the most powerful experiences of my life are universal. I likely have more in common with any father of any age from anywhere than I have with a man without children. Likewise, some more particular experiences that affected me deeply were in other cultures, under a diffrent set of rules, so I really don't share any of this with anyone else that I might talk to. The greatest commonality that we all share is that we are social beings, and we are born of a woman.

The reason couples exist is that we are more or less mongamous sexually reproducing mammals. Without that, men would likely all be brigands, or dead.

John Lennon (and Kennedy) meant about as much to me as Howdy Doody, so why should shared experience with these things mean much to me?

I can know more about basic compatibility in 5 minutes on a dance floor, or a 10 minute conversation about parenting, or parents, or current affairs than any number of "where were you when" conversations.

Anyhow, I don't think it is healthy to think too much about the past. We live in the present, and we will live in the future, God willing. Occasionally we may want to get smashed and wallow in nostalgia or regret, or whatever the past holds for us, but it isn't a good daily driver.

Ha

Uh oh! I should make my wife laugh more. I joke around here, but I am somber and cranky in real life.

It is unlikely she would be truly loving me, and what could we be talking about?

Well, she could love you, but I guess you don't believe that could ever happen, so obviously it won't.......

What is in common? Am I among the few on earth who value companionship more than sex?

Age is a factor. Tell me this, at age 20 did you value companionship more than sex? How about 30? 40? 50? I think over time companionship takes over, but everyone puts their own value on sex.........;)

Is that john wayne gacy?
If that is him....shame on you Ron. You are very naughty. >:D

Ok...give me a man with a great sense of humor without psychopathic tendencies. That shouldn't be too difficult....right? :blink:

Ok...give me a man with a great sense of humor without psychopathic tendencies.

I foresee that you vill laugh at this post.

If that is him....shame on you Ron.

Dog gone it. You have to take all the mystery out of it.

I simply Googled "Clown +picture" and grabbed the first one in the long line available. I doubt it was of anyone otherwise interesting... at least, not to my knowledge.

Still? After so many years?

never ending source of amusement, me. i make her laugh - sure, keeeeep laughing - just reminds me of the old joke about satisfaction that has the punchline "me".

BBB; The sad truth is that nobody can make one laugh forever:(
Forever is a long time darlin'. Make me laugh today and we'll deal with tomorrow if it comes. :)

It's not the laughing, it's the pointing while laughing in the bedroom that hurts....
:D Now this is true.

However, common laughter after bedroom antics in my opinion, is the best. ;)

...we'll deal with tomorrow if it comes. :)

It's now or never,
come hold me tight
Kiss me my darling,
be mine tonight
Tomorrow will be too late,
it's now or never
My love won't wait.​
- Lyrics to "It's Now or Never"

Back
Top Bottom