Could have a long lasting impact to FIRE (dryer sheets)

Earl E Retyre

Full time employment: Posting here.
Yesterday, dw told me she is getting rid of all the dryer sheets and she has bought a new reusable "dryer bar" which lasts for months.
Bounce® Dryer Bar

I realize the impact that this could have to the FIRE forum.

p.s. I have not done the detailed analysis to see where the cost curves will cross between how many times you must reuse sheets versus using the bar to depict a break even analysis. But I am sure someone on this site will. :LOL:

At about $.05/sheet there's not much bang for your buck in re-using or coming up with cheaper alternatives.

Attachments

• reject and recieve.jpg
    reject and recieve.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 64
I watched the video (at the previously posted link) "featuring our real-life Bounce scientist". :nonono:
I sincerely hope Amy got a nice bonus for blithering all that nonsense. :LOL:

I have 1 burning question...what was the deal with mentioning her husband followed by sticking the unused dryer sheet into the sneaker ? :confused:

Inquiring minds need to know. Take the ball and run with it, folks. ;)

I must confess that I have never actually used a dryer sheet.

For me, the intuitive response is "Spokesperson uses the phrase, 'it's all about convenience.'" Convenience = $$. Therefore - the Bounce Bar is an attempt to convince you that using regular dryer sheets is a huge drain on your time and energy. You owe it to yourself and your family to buy this new product, which will save you approximately 5 seconds every time you do laundry!:ROFLMAO:

A big box of dryer sheets lasts us 2+ years, so a dryer bar that lasts "two to four months" doesn't impress. But thanks anyway, for alerting everyone to new developments in laundry science :LOL:

Amethyst

Y

p.s. I have not done the detailed analysis to see where the cost curves will cross between how many times you must reuse sheets versus using the bar to depict a break even analysis.

Back
Top Bottom