Could You Survive on $186,000 per Day?

packrat44

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
near Canadian border and near Mexican border
Murdoch is getting divorced again. His first divorce cost him $1.7B in 1999. At his present net worth of $9.4B, this divorce will also be costly. If he pays the same as in 1999, and she were to follow a 4% SWR, that would an income to $68M/year, or $186,000/day. Okay, there will be some expenses that will trim the figure a bit. Just 1 week of support would trash by retirement savings.

Since everyone knows nothing is free, and I imagine his spouse Wendi feels like she earned every penny. Just saying :whistle:

Hot damn Wendi Murdoch will soon be single and even richer. Any woman that keeps me from being hit in the face with a pie is a keeper.

Transom-WendiMurdoch1V.jpg

A few suggestions:
- she needs to run the numbers through firecalc
- has she considered paying for health insurance?

:LOL:

I think most people survive on that in a decade. Really seems sick at the wealth distribution there. I mean, what are you buying that cost you that much money in a day? You could buy a home a day for that, really..and insure and provide it with all the necessities and luxuries...

I think most people survive on that in a decade. Really seems sick at the wealth distribution there. I mean, what are you buying that cost you that much money in a day? You could buy a home a day for that, really..and insure and provide it with all the necessities and luxuries...
Spoilsport.

A few suggestions:

Is the mortgage paid off?

Any pensions? Are they COLA'd?

Is she eligible for SS?

Don't forget to account for taxes.

Will FIRECALC accept that many digits?

... $186,000/day ...

But that's before taxes. At less than $100,000 per day, minus 'essentials', it could take over 100 days to save up the cash for the $10 million dollar villa that these types are accustomed to. So much for 'instant gratification'!

-ERD50

A few suggestions:

Are they in Australia? Don't they have universal health care? I think she's good to go. :)

Could You Survive on $186,000 per Day?

Dang, it'd be tight, but if I cut down on a few things.... I might be able to squeak by... :rolleyes:

Murdoch is getting divorced again. His first divorce cost him $1.7B in 1999. At his present net worth of $9.4B, this divorce will also be costly.

Maybe yes -- maybe no.

Officially, Deng is entitled to whatever she agreed to in the prenuptial agreement signed in 1999....

"If he doesn't have a prenup, he would have to see a psychiatrist and not a lawyer," Raoul Felder, a divorce lawyer
Rupert Murdoch divorce: money to Wendi Deng hangs on prenuptial | Media | guardian.co.uk

Couldn't find any particulars -- the document is confidential. According to the article, Rupert was likely very generous; she won't be destitute, but she won't get 1/2 either.

Tyro

Yea, but look at all she will be giving up.......Uh....never mind.

He would have been beter off hiring a concubine. Fixed price. Yearly contracts?

the first 2 times he divorced, he remarried within a year. Wedding no 4 could be on the cards soon

Back
Top Bottom