Credit cards = Free money

I wonder if they were cards that were given money on the accounts to open with. Occassionally there are promotions where you open an account and it starts with a -$XYZ balance. *shrugs*

Either way it is pretty sad and shows just how far hysteria can take people.

I wonder if they were cards that were given money on the accounts to open with. Occassionally there are promotions where you open an account and it starts with a -$XYZ balance. *shrugs*

Either way it is pretty sad and shows just how far hysteria can take people.

AS i read the story, it was a $10 free for opening an account, but what got people excited was getting approved for $850 or more even though they weren't creditworthy. And that credit was seen as "FREE MONEY"!!!! Yikes.

AS i read the story, it was a $10 free for opening an account, but what got people excited was getting approved for $850 or more even though they weren't creditworthy. And that credit was seen as "FREE MONEY"!!!! Yikes.

Hmmmmmm.....sounds a LOT like another current story where people wanted more than they could pay for.....can you say "mortgage crisis"?? :rant:

Sad that so many would think of credit as 'free money'. Oh well, at least it was a "nice brawl" ;)

As I read the story, the first thing that I thought was....there are still Kmarts?;)

As I read the story, the first thing that I thought was....there are still Kmarts?;)

Yeah - thought Rainman killed 'em with "Kmart Sucks". But there are still some around - even in our town. Kinda like shopping at the Good will.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom