Cute sandals (for GIRLS ONLY!!!)

SumDay

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Boys, move along, there's nothing for you to see here.... :dance:

We've had a couple of days that flirted with 70 degrees, and I got downright giddy thinking about wearing flip flops. And then I remembered last year, when I had to give them up due to foot and knee pain. I was told by a physical therapist friend that cute-little-strappy-sandals simply don't provide enough support for someone "of my age" and I need to find something more sensible. :(

I don't want to look like a nun or appear to just have escaped from a nursing home. Anyone have any cute, sensible sandal recommendations?

I've purchased some things from Foot Smart in the past, but most of their stuff is pretty high, and frankly I haven't found the magic bullet yet.

Just thought I'd see if anyone has any luck with a particular brand or style. I also enjoy pedicures, so I do prefer open toe, but at this point I'm just ready to quit wearing socks for a few months.

Thanks in advance. Boys, you can take your hands off your ears now. ;)

I wear Teva sandals, the ones with a heel strap and that buckle on the top. They are not decorative, but certainly comfortable and secure on my feet. I think Teva has some more girly styles than mine, so you might check them out.

Merrell. You could run in their sandals. not too cheap but last a looong time. Some styles are cuter than others.
I too find that wearing flip flops or "slides" causes me all kinds of trouble. I think I grip with my toes and then get cramps in the middle of the night.
ah the joys of growing older.
Just discovered another brand of cute comfortable shoes: Ahnu. check 'em out on Zappos.

Disclaimer: I have short, very wide feet. I sometimes wear Rafters flip flops around the house. Fitflops makes some really cute flipflops, too. I can't wear cheap flipflops, but can wear the two brands I mentioned. I also sometimes wear Tevas which I have probably had for more than a decade. I have a pair of Sketchers sandals that go well with both shorts and dresses. My "dressy" sandals are Clarks. My dad thought that wearing good shoes was important, so I've never been shy about spending good money on shoes, although I do try to get them on sale or use online codes (or both). The only downside is that they last so long I get tired of them before they wear out.

PS Zappos.com pays for shipping both ways, so you can order a bunch, keep the one you want, and send the rest back.

I wear Birkenstocks, but I don't suppose those exactly qualify as "cute".... :2funny: Photo attached.

Attachments

• granada.jpg
    granada.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 266
  • granada2.jpg
    granada2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Dansko makes nice sandals, and while they can be a bit spendy, often north of $100, I buy them anyway for their support and comfort. And then when I can find last year's model for about half off, that is even better. The Dansko Outlet site has the Surraya, for example, nearly half off. I have 3 pairs. Well, HAD 3 pairs. The beagle girl puppy ate one half of one pair.

They still have the cute red ones left!

I wear born shoes ( sandals & flats ) . They are cute ,last forever and give enough support.

Attachments

• B92904-400x352.png
    B92904-400x352.png
    176.6 KB · Views: 256
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I am a big Zappos fan, so I'll do some serious shopping tonight.

I also bought these wedges from Naturalizer . They are cuter in person and look great with a sundress .

Attachments

• 76327_STRIPE_MULTI.jpg
    76327_STRIPE_MULTI.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 257
obgyn, that's a pretty limited selection. I doubt if I can find anything I like with only 49,126 to pick from. :LOL:

I just got a pair of Jambu sandals that I am happy with - comfortable for walking all day. Many styles, here are a few:

images

I'm going with these Cole Haan Adelaide Mid Wedge sandals that OBGYN65 found on Amazon. (Actually, I do like them probably more than I should).

Those Jambu sandals look fun...going to check into those.

My experience: Tevas are sooo very comfortable...the sandals i live in during the summer. I am not a shoe person- have never owned more than 6 pr at one time...and Tevas are my favorite sandal....can walk miles in them.

I'm going with these Cole Haan Adelaide Mid Wedge sandals that OBGYN65 found on Amazon. (Actually, I do like them probably more than I should).

I also like them and I already have the perfect dress to go with them . The market is dropping but we are buying shoes !:)

I love Chacos and they wear forever. They also have flip flops with a great arch!

I also like them and I already have the perfect dress to go with them . The market is dropping but we are buying shoes !:)
And that is good. A girly-girl will never let finances stand between her and cute new shoes, especially those like sandals that expose the base of the toes. :)

Ha

Last edited:
And that is good. A girly-girl will never let finances stand between her and cute new shoes, especially those like sandals that expose the base of the toes. :)

Ha

Hmmm........my first time hearing there is an interest in shoes "that expose the base of the toes." Maybe we are wasting money on getting pedicures and should focus on decorating our toes a little further up? A little glitter perhaps?

I don't know if you are supposed to credit another poster on the net, but someone on the Unofficial Disney Budget Board said " I spent a fortune on a quest to find the perfect flip flop that would give my poor feet the support they need. I found it in the OluKai Ohana.
cloud9.gif
They are a little more expensive, but worth every penny. I also like the Cobian Leather Bounce, Sketcher Tone Ups, Fit Flops, Orthoheel Tides and Waves, Montrail Molokini, Flojos Exena, Yellow Box Jello, and Volatile Keralees. Nothing compares to my OluKai Ohanas though."

She said she owns 200 pairs of flip flops! Not my idea of budget-minded, but maybe one of the above brands might work for you.

Back
Top Bottom