Join Early Retirement Today

Dancing with the Stars....
Old 09-23-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Dancing with the Stars....

I know I'm not the only guy who watches this goofy show just to see these unbelievably beautiful, scantily-clad women gyrate for hours on end.

I was ashamed until I overheard a friend say he TIVO'd it to see one one woman in particular (suuuuure. just that ONE chick). Now, I am at ease with my disease.

My name is Jason, and I am a gyrate-a-holic. DWTS is my trigger.

Anyone else care to confess?

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

I really dislike Dancing with the Stars (DWTS); the campy interviews remind me of Bob Saget from Funniest Home Videos for whatever reason. Unfortunately the girlfriend is addicted. At least it gives me time to post on ER, though I'd rather be watching something like Metalocalypse, Home Movies, etc right about now.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slouch View Post
I really dislike Dancing with the Stars (DWTS)....
Me too! DWTS is just another reason for me to not turn on the TV, and go find something actually worthwhile to do. Last night I read, and tonight I worked out in my hobby room. Tomorrow night.....who knows....maybe I'll change the air in the backyard or the water in the toilet.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:15 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

I LOVE dancing with the stars!!!!!!!!!!

I totally hate most reality tv shows especially survivor with the horrible malicious backstabbing pieces of human garbage that are on that show I don't know how anything could be more offensive.....I can't even watch that stuff for 2 minutes....I lasted all of a few episodes in 2001!

It's nice to see a show that is fun with no violence or people being mean just lighthearted fun.

I evehn thought it would be nice if they just let then ALL stay for the whole 12 weeks or whatever and then just voted for a winner. So you could see your favorites every week and no one would be upset that they were voted off.

I think I watched every DWTS other than the first season. I watch it to see all the pretty girls dancing and I'm never in a bad mood after watching it.

This season is GREAT so far. So many attractive people on there.

When I was watching it this season other than one lady I thought all the girls were HOT!

I'm someone who does not like to watch tv and have gone months watching only 10 minutes a day just to see the weather basically.

But I actually look forward to sitting down and watching DWTS!

I would like to see Kerry Walsh the tall blonde beach vollyball player dance next season.

So yes Jason I'm with you I love this show!

Jim
Old 09-24-2008, 07:27 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

I don't get that show at all. Same with American Idol. Seems like a waste of an hour. I'm not a reality show person so take that for what it's worth. What is the draw?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

I usually tape those kinds of shows as there are so many commercials its irritating to watch live,American Idol is the only one i really enjoy but Dancing with the Stars has some very nice ladies on the show and they look real good in those dancing costumes for example Julianne Hough is about as hot as you can get
Old 09-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #7
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slouch View Post
I really dislike Dancing with the Stars (DWTS); the campy interviews remind me of Bob Saget from Funniest Home Videos for whatever reason.
Probably because the guy that hosts DWTS also took over for Saget some years ago on America's Funniest Home Videos.

I'm not a fan of the show, but my wife enjoys it.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

That show is a perpetual wardrobe malfunction on the brink of disaster.

But I'd like to have the Pro-Grip and Velcro concessions.

So how many of you have noticed that Cloris Leachman is lookin' pretty hot these days?

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:34 AM   #9

Aren't the potential malfunctions, half the thrill of watching?

Nords, too many mid-afternoon mai tai's on the beach? I'm just worried she'll crack her hip!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #10

Seeing 300 lb Warren Sapp move is entertaining and probably makes NFL QBs wish he discovered dancing when at Miami about 15 years ago.

Wife watches the dancers. I watch the women.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #11
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
So how many of you have noticed that Cloris Leachman is lookin' pretty hot these days?
I've never watched the show, but Cloris Leachman may be the only reason I would.
"I am Frau Blucher" <horses neighing frantically>
Old 10-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #12

I'm glad I have more than one TV in my house so when DW is watching it I can turn on cartoons or something.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:22 AM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm probably one of only 10 guys in this country that was upset that I missed DWTS because Monday night football took it's place!

It just seems no matter what channel is on it's death, violence, despair, people hurting each other in one way or another. But not on DWTS. And I love watching all the girls on there.

Jim
Old 10-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #14
gone traveling

Never watched it, never will. Same goes for American Idol, Bachelor, Survivor, and the rest of the mindless "reality" shows that folks seem so fascinated with these days.

I really wish I could buy a programming packge for Discover, TLC, NatGeo, History, DIY, and a couple of news channels.. We get 200 channels and I watch less than 10...
Old 10-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer2007 View Post
I'm probably one of only 10 guys in this country that was upset that I missed DWTS because Monday night football took it's place!

It just seems no matter what channel is on it's death, violence, despair, people hurting each other in one way or another. But not on DWTS. And I love watching all the girls on there.

Jim
Make that 11. I am impressed at the skill acquired by the contestants. I'm not a great dancer, but having practiced JuJutsu for nearly 40 years, have great appreciation for balance ,timing, poise, success at learning complicated patterns. I tip my hat to the contestants. Besides, great bodies in alluring dresses. That is sensual.

Football on the other hand bores me to death. 20 seconds of playing with 20 minutes of standing around discussing the play. I realize that it is a high physical impact play, but still, for the money they make they sure spend a lot of time scratching their butts.

Now, Australian rules football or rugby I watch.
Remember the bumper sticker: Play rugby, give blood.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernskies View Post
Never watched it, never will. Same goes for American Idol, Bachelor, Survivor, and the rest of the mindless "reality" shows that folks seem so fascinated with these days.

I really wish I could buy a programming packge for Discover, TLC, NatGeo, History, DIY, and a couple of news channels.. We get 200 channels and I watch less than 10...
Ever fed an infant at 3am? I can tell you that those same 200 channels have infomercials on from 2am- 6am, and some of the infomercials start sooner or end later.

I thought I paid for programming on those 200 channels? Yet when I need the 200 the most, they have nothing on. And watching sportcenter gets old after the first hour. Thank god for NFL network and 24 hour programming.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernskies View Post

I'm with you! I can't stand the so-called 'reality' shows! I'll add to your programming package AMC, TCM, Western Channel, (can ya tell I like old movies....preferably in B&W), and RFD-TV. A couple of years ago I would also have added the Food Network, HGTV, and DIY-TV......but they've gone down the toilet in substance. Oh, and I also will watch some old shows on TV Land.

And I have to have my PBS so I can watch my mentor Oscar the Grouch on Sesame Street once in a while! That dude is soooo utterly righteous!
Old 10-03-2008, 03:48 AM   #18
Recycles dryer sheets

I also HATE reality tv shows...especially survivor...I think that is some of the most objectionable garbage on tv. Spend an hour watching people back stab one another...sick.

But I don;t really consider DWTS reality tv although it is I guess.

If I had it my way ALL the stars and dancers would dance the whole 13 weeks or whatever and then one couple would be voted the winner at the end. That way they are not put through the elimination every week and no one feels bad that they were voted off so soon. And for the audience you get to see your favorite dancer or star for the whole season.

Jim
Old 10-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #19
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post
Football on the other hand bores me to death. 20 seconds of playing with 20 minutes of standing around discussing the play. I realize that it is a high physical impact play, but still, for the money they make they sure spend a lot of time scratching their butts.
um...what inning is it?
it's all about the spandex for the ladies.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
um...what inning is it?
it's all about the spandex for the ladies.
What is an inning?