Day of service honors Martin Luther King Jr.

obgyn65

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. to everyone.

Will you do something special today to celebrate champions of justice ? In my case, I will be getting ready for my next medical mission to Central America, leaving January 28.

Take care everyone.

I watched a special on Malcolm X today.

This is a different country than it was then. Hugely different. Amazingly different.

I am discussing things like the Peace Corp with DW for when I quit working in the Fields of Mammon.

The older I get, the more I like Tom Paine.

There is a very large parade/march going by my building right now. Must be at least several thousand people. They have a band, and some banners and a large hand carried inflatable bomb that says 'Destroy Nuclear Weapons".

When I first noticed they were singing "We Shall Overcome", just like back in the day. Now it's a chant -"Revolution Here We Come". I was hoping for "Michael Rowed...."

Even on a cold snowy day they got good turnout.

Ha

Heard a part of MLK's "Letter From a Burmingham Jail" speech on TV. A very powerful speaker. I found the written letter on line. I must say that I truely can't remember reading a more impressive, logicaly sound and carefully crafted work (see attached).

Intelligent men back in the day must have greatly feared anyone with such a inspired and powerful intellect.

Attachments

• birmingham.pdf
    50.5 KB · Views: 3
I took a bath.

img_1151494_0_bf51f6a1d32a288200484c2fc886eba4.jpg

I signed up to volunteer at a computer recycling non-profit for Friday and was looking forward to it. It was cancelled so I didn't get to go. :(

Friday through Monday was designated as the MLK Weekend of Service and I selected my 'opportunity' through Hands On Greater Portland's offerings of volunteer activities.

Back
Top Bottom