DH is Employed Again!

Calgary_Girl

Full time employment: Posting here.
DH is employed again...whoo hoo! Now I can stop pinching pennies ;)

Must be a new record - he got a package from his company on July 1st and didn't really start looking until the middle of July. Got an offer yesterday from a great company (same industry). I thought summer was traditionally slow for hiring? :p

The nice thing is he doesn't start the new job until the beginning of Oct. so he gets an extra month to be a bum. We'll have 2 months of severance money left over so I have plans for the house...new blinds and re-doing the kitchen.

Fantastic! That does sound like a new record!:D

Wondeful, I'm envious! My company did layoffs a couple years ago and the package was 10 weeks - I was almost envious of the people! :)

Wondeful, I'm envious! My company did layoffs a couple years ago and the package was 10 weeks - I was almost envious of the people! :)

My "package" was bigger... :rolleyes:

One week's pay per year of seniority, plus 60 days. So, in my case, 32 wks pay.

I have read that some companies blacklist people who take a severance package. My question is, "Then why offer it?"

It wasn't a severance package, it's just their current policy. Everybody who gets laid off through no fault of their own (i.e. not fired) gets 10 weeks. Nobody got to "volunteer" for the package. :p

The thought of a job makes me wince :p, but in your case, it sounds great! It's nice to hear some good news. :)

The thought of a job makes me wince :p, but in your case, it sounds great! It's nice to hear some good news. :)

In my case it's actually kind of nice to be back at "work" again. I do virtually nothing for an absurd (I think) amount of money. So far it's 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM so I have most of the day to do running around stuff and no midnights so the circadian rhythms don't get messed up. The majority of the people are current or retired law enforcement so the tolerance for BS is very low - too much and people will just up and quit since few of them actually need the money anyway.

Back
Top Bottom