Do gals notice a guy's clothes and jewelry?

They have those fresh water showers at the beach. That counts, right? Right?

And if that fails, I always have my motorcycle leathers. :cool:

Whats the matter with that nice smell of the ocean? Thats all good earthly [-][/-]funk[-][/-] stuff in their!

I'm surprised that a lot of the girls on here don't seem to be really interested in a guy dressing nice.

I posted this in the other thread...

I can tell you that I usually don't dress up but when I do I notice that it attracts attention.

Here is something that everyone can do just for kicks. I got on the website hot or not and posted a photo of myself smiling wearing jeans and a plain sweatshirt. And then I posted a picture of me smiling wearing dress pants and shoes and a dress shirt. I'm the same weight on each with the same hair style and clean shaven.

Dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt my rating was horrible people thought I was really ugly I guess. But when I posted the picture of me dressed up I was rated VERY high. So this goes to show you how much that matters I guess.

A girl I was friends with actually came over to the girl's house that I was taking to the prom just to see us dressed up. She was like giddy from seeing me dressed up....and she has seen me like 1000 times.

Jim

This is the flip side of the ongoing thread about women's clothes and makeup. What about men - do you ladies notice whether we are well dressed?

I notice if a man is clean, shaven and dressed appropriately for the occasion. I also notice the quality of a man's clothing. If a man is wearing a suit, I notice if it is an expensive one or a cheap one. I notice his shoes.

If so, do you care if it's a suit versus chinos or are you just happy to see that our pants reach all the way to our shoe tops?

The latter (or shorts!) if we are not going anywhere. When we were evacuated, I didn't care if Frank was wearing rags as long as the appropriate body parts were covered. The same is true if we are watching a DVD at his house or just enjoying a Sunday drive.

If Frank is taking me out to a restaurant or theater, he generally dresses nicely and I like that.

How about rings, bracelets and other bling? And, to settle an argument with my DiL, what do you think of plaid lumber jack shirts ;)

I don't ever notice the bling. Frank sometimes wears his Rolex but unless he mentions it, I don't notice it. The same is true for some expensive cufflinks that he sometimes wears.

And (even though I have never seen one down here where it's so hot and humid), I LOVE plaid lumberjack shirts! I think they are very masculine. Too bad that they just aren't very commonly seen any more. I guess they are out of style.

Last edited:
Good thing I've never posted the picture of me vacuuming the living room with Gabe in a little baby bjorn carrier hanging off my chest, wedding ring clearly visible.

I'd have to bar all the doors.

You have no idea. When our son was 6 months old I had to go to a 2-day meeting about 800 miles away. DH and our son came with me. On the second day of the meeting, DH was checking out of our hotel room with our son strapped to his chest in the Bjorn, suitcases in each hand. He passed a couple of maids in the hallway. One of them looked at him and said "Oooh, a tall man with a baby. You're perfect!"

We all got a good laugh out of it, but truth is, she was right!

I'll agree with you there -- men doing housework (especially the drudgery bits -- vacuuming, washing windows, scrubbing tubs, etc) skyrocket in their sexiness.

Studies have repeatedly shown that no husband has ever been shot by his wife while he was doing the dishes.

Do gals notice a guy's clothes and jewelry?
I notice and am not a fan of jewelry or polyester.
I notice good quality duds and accessories. A well worn pair of Mephistos impresses me more than a shiny pair Eastland's.
Leave the sweet aftershave on the shelf please and for gosh sakes don't smear chapstick past the edge of your lips - shiny upper lip is just gross.
On the flip side of the taste spectrum and somewhat embarrassingly, I love jerry garcia silk ties. Just goes to show - no one is perfect;)

Whoa, those are some bad ties, Janet! I'm trying to picture on on my guy, and I'm not seeing it. And thanks for that shiny upper lip visual. Blech!

Those ties have spunk. I would wear them but not to something formal or a funeral. ^-^

You ladies sure have a long list. My guess is your real requirements get closer to 1) He is breathing. 2) He isn't hitting me up for money and 3) He'll do me, and he isn't too awful at it.

Ha

You ladies sure have a long list. My guess is your real requirements get closer to 1) He is breathing. 2) He isn't hitting me up for money and 3) He'll do me, and he isn't too awful at it.

Ha

Ha, does that language REALLY get you women? :)

Ha, does that language REALLY get you women? :)

Well Dude, this is an internet forum, remember? Anyway, what is wrong with this language? Maybe slightly realistic, but not disrespectful I hope.

ha

Well Dude, this is an internet forum, remember? Anyway, what is wrong with this language? Maybe slightly realistic, but not disrespectful I hope.ha

Sorry, guess you are way better at picking up women than me.......:D

I LOVE seeing men doing manly things....like hammering, fixing things, and working on their cars! Lumberjack shirts are great....love the rugged look! I don't care much for the jewelry and blue/green eyes are my downfall.
I would not be able to volunteer with all those cops around....men in uniform are UBER sexy! I would absolutely lose my mind around them!

I would not be able to volunteer with all those cops around....men in uniform are UBER sexy! I would absolutely lose my mind around them!
....and you think I haven't? :crazy: November 1st, 2000 is when I started at the p.d.. November 2nd, 2000 I didn't know my own name.......:D

Eight years later, I'm still there....>:D

How do you stand it.....being around all that beautiful testosterone in uniform? Wow....I think I am starting to drool. Are they looking for any volunteers?

So you gals like the plaid shirt, rough look huh?

img_728228_0_720d671d96956aac32d57deed3e6e7f7.jpg

It's a dangerous job, but somebody's got to do it. :cool:

I'm sure they'd be more than willing to take you. Just tell them you are there "to serve". :D

It's a dangerous job, but somebody's got to do it. :cool:

I'm sure they'd be more than willing to take you. Just tell them you are there "to serve". :D

Believe it or not, many years ago I dated a volunteer cop. She worked full time for my company, but in a different city. And she played cop on weekends. I remember taking her to a football game and there was a drunk fan a few rows behind us. She quietly said would be right back and when she returned, a couple of cops were following her. She pointed out the drunk and they hauled him off. She got a round of applause from the people near by. Later that night, I gave her my own round of applause. :)

Back
Top Bottom