Do you use Coupon Deals?

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I just paid $12.50 for $25 worth of food at an eatery that is nearby and one that DW and I have been planning to check out. Am I really saving $12.50? I guess so, but another way to look at it is that I could also save $12.50 by not buying it at all and eating at home.

Does anyone else get involved with this Groupon-like deal of the day?

I just paid $12.50 for $25 worth of food at an eatery that is nearby and one that DW and I have been planning to check out. Am I really saving $12.50? I guess so, but another way to look at it is that I could also save $12.50 by not buying it at all and eating at home.

Does anyone else get involved with this Groupon-like deal of the day?

Whenever we see deals like that at restaurants, it involves several times as much food as a couple like us should be eating at one meal. For example, two meals for $29.99, including appetizers, wine, dessert, and coffee, as well as the meal. At that restaurant, we generally get the meal and iced tea and end up paying $23. For us, the deal is no deal -- neither of us drinks wine, or coffee in the evening, or eats sugary desserts.

Last edited:
One of the fundraising items sold at my grandkid's school is an "Entertainment" book. It has hundreds (maybe close to a thousand) discounts. Most food discounts are 2 for 1 deals. The book contains discounts for all types of retail products. The cost for a book in my area has been about $20.

It's a win-win situation. The school gets some type of monetary gain from the Entertainment corp and DW and I cash in over $100 in coupons. Most of the ones we use are local eateries. The coupons expire at the end of the year. They appear to be available on line.

The 2011 Entertainment® Book Offers Great Savings - Discounts for Restaurants, Shopping, Travel & More!

We do, just used a groupon for tonight's dinner at a local hamburger/gyros diner in town. We used our $10 groupon coupons, we had 2, and paid 50 cents out of pocket. We purchased the groupon coupons with free credits. Nice thing is we got extra gyros meat and it was all take out, so we have another meal for tomorrow's lunch! We also took advantage of a deal in the past for a mail order steak house, nice steaks, very lean and also purchased it with free credits. If it's for a dine in only place, we usually pass on the deal.

My sister asked me to go in on a Groupon with her and six other people. It was for tickets to "Girls Night: The Musical". PlayhouseSquare :: Girls Night: The Musical

The tickets were $20 each instead of $40. It's not a show I would have gone to without the invitation and 1/2 price ticket so it was a good opportunity to do something different with new people.

The only restaurants around here are mom and pop outfits and they don't do coupons. There's not a fast food place or any other well known franchise in the county. I've pretty much given up on grocery store coupons they're usually good for things I don't buy.

When we travelled To Vancouver in May we joined Entertainment Online . We got two for one tickets to tours , restaurants and even the quick shuttle from Seattle . Well worth the $4.95 we spent.

Buddy of mine just bought a $40 coupon to a nice restaurant for $20 from Groupon. I think he said it couldn't be used for drinks but they spent more than $40 on food so as far as I can tell, it really was that good of a deal. I subscribed to Groupon just today, looking forward to it. If there's a downside, I don't see it.

Back
Top Bottom