Do your pets sleep outdoors or indoors?

Chaps mah hide that I can charge a separate pet deposit but someone can bring in a rug rat that's going to do the same or worse damage to the carpets and i have to pretend that they are just like any other tenant. never had a dog draw on the walls with crayon either.

Min Pin = in the bed if she's wailing. I have a soft spot for 5 big pounds of attitude.

Doberman = on the couch or in his crate, no matter what.

Our 5 cats are indoor cats only. They sleep on our bed during the day, but I kick them out at night. I tried letting them sleep with us once, but I was awake half the night and said never again.

A true pet sleeps indoors and lives indoors because it is a family member. Of course, most pets enjoy plenty of outdoor time just like people. But unless you consider any animal you own a pet worthy of being treated like a person, don't have them!!

Oh my God, Dawg 52/ Not much longer -- the magnificent black lab could be my Bruno's twin. Is there a more beautiful specimen?? I think not.....

She sleeps at the foot of my bed on her own bed.

If she had it her way it would be on top of me.

img_872734_0_f277626d4b7beba3eff2cb681be8aaa8.jpg

Yeah, you are right, children are far more disgusting in their habits and hygiene. Thank god my dogs and cats aren't so gross. Ewww.

And don't get me started on those other cultures where ignorance and cruelty are considered ordinary human traits.

Animals are servants and food. Children are not. Yes, children have little disgusting habits I totally agree! You and I were children once weren't we ;)

Yes, as for other cultures they certainly differ than good old USA dont they :)

In fact someday we might find out plants have feelings too on some little old level us big old humans didn't know about. Oh my gosh what do we eat then.

Wow - Seems there are alot of people on the forum that nearly equate pets with kids (maybe a slight over-statement). I grew up on a farm, where the pets were "working" pets - cats for the mice, dogs for the rats/coons/etc. They stayed outside where they could do their jobs.
The first pet we got as a married couple was a "retired" seeing eye dog who went blind (ironic, huh?). Obviously, he couldn't stay outside. We had him for several years, and finally had to put him down - family was pretty hard hit when we did. Then we got a Sheltie that was a riot - also an inside dog for some protection when I was out of town. He was a truly bright dog - but unfortunately not bright enough, as he got hit by a car while outside doing his business and "playing". My son took that one really hard as well.
Our pets now are limited to cats. Yes, they are outside cats, with access to our garage. They are also working pets - help keep the mice away.
I understand about how attached one can get to pets, but to consider an animal of any kind to be anywhere close in value, consideration, care, etc. to a child is hard for me to understand. Humans are not just animals - and animals are not human - and they should be treated differently (IMHO).

NML and SciFi, remember that a goodly number of us do not like children at all and like our animals far more than most people we meet.

Not having children, I wouldn't even know how to equate my pets with kids--no purpose in such arguments. I mean, I don't dress them up in little clothes or anything stupid like that but I consider my responsibility to keep them safe and out of harms way to be equal to that of a parent's responsibility to do the same with children.

Also, as simple girl mentioned in another thread--there are actually groups for people who are childfree--where they can get together with other like-minded individuals. I don't think the pet-free (or animals as food gang) have quite the passion.

To each his own. :)

Saluki --how is that sock safe from your girlie? Any one of mine would have carried it outside and shredded it like a trophy.

Saluki: Breed and gender?
Aren´t they tyrants...?:)

She's my 90lb Golden Retriever. She's very large for a golden, but all muscle (with a little fur thrown in)

She's not a sock shredder, but she did manage to shred an entire roll of wallpaper border while I was in the shower for 5 minutes.

img_873027_0_b46ef2f32533f246e3bbad1377b5a78c.jpg

img_873027_1_7953e5f639a99d88246c83c3d830a03f.jpg

img_873027_2_373e12da15011949ee941148466e254e.jpg

NML and SciFi, remember that a goodly number of us do not like children at all and like our animals far more than most people we meet.

Not having children, I wouldn't even know how to equate my pets with kids--no purpose in such arguments. I mean, I don't dress them up in little clothes or anything stupid like that but I consider my responsibility to keep them safe and out of harms way to be equal to that of a parent's responsibility to do the same with children.

Also, as simple girl mentioned in another thread--there are actually groups for people who are childfree--where they can get together with other like-minded individuals. I don't think the pet-free (or animals as food gang) have quite the passion.

To each his own. :)

Saluki --how is that sock safe from your girlie? Any one of mine would have carried it outside and shredded it like a trophy.
Sarah - I've also met SOME (not most, by any means) people that were certainly more un-likeable than our pets. However, even in those cases, I don't consider those people to have any less value as human beings. In my book, humans always have more value than animals even if they are a horrible, despicable example of one. Like you said, to each his own.:)

We just adopted a 3 yo greyhound. Her personality foibles are starting to come out. She is a restless sleeper and we found that she was sliding her butt off her dog bed and under our bed, where she was getting partially stuck in the middle of the night. One morning she was completely gone and I pulled up the dust ruffle to find her completely under the bed, asleep on her side. I ended up having the lift the foot of the bed to get her out.

Attachments

• Girlfriend_1.jpg
    Girlfriend_1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 56
  • GF.jpg
    GF.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 1
travelover--one of my dogs *has* to sleep under the bed. I decided to raise the height of the bed rather than have to lift it up to retrieve her all the time!
She is a lovely girl--the greyhound rescue folks are very active around here and I love the sweet temperaments of their dogs I meet at rescue events. Good job!

...under the bed. I decided to raise the height of the bed rather than have to lift it up to retrieve her all the time!....
That's an idea. "Fluffy" plays a hiding game where she pancakes herself under the lowest part of the bed and meow's "come find me!" I pretend I have no idea where she is, her meows get more and more pleading, "I'm squished here." Finally, I move the bed away and she comes out, the winner of the game.

My Belgium shepherd doesn´go to bed in her usual place -in a corner of our bedroom- until she makes sure our six month kitten -that keeps wanting to sleep on our bed- is safely put away in her kitten bed outside our bedroom.
I think nothing serious will happen if both beasts sleep together in our bedroom...except me not getting too much sleep, that is:D

travelover--one of my dogs *has* to sleep under the bed. I decided to raise the height of the bed rather than have to lift it up to retrieve her all the time!
She is a lovely girl--the greyhound rescue folks are very active around here and I love the sweet temperaments of their dogs I meet at rescue events. Good job!

Thanks. I had a whippet for 16 years , which I consider my apprenticeship for adopting a greyhound. She is just as sweet as the whippet was, especially around children.

My Belgium shepherd doesn´go to bed in her usual place -in a corner of our bedroom- until she makes sure our six month kitten -that keeps wanting to sleep on our bed- is safely put away in her kitten bed outside our bedroom.
I think nothing serious will happen if both beasts sleep together in our bedroom...except me not getting too much sleep, that is:D
Ohhh..when I still lived at home with my mom and dad, we had a cat and a poodle. Amos and Andy were their names. :D They'd play with each other all the time....especially at night, that's when they played chase and kept running over my head...:LOL:

This pic should answer the question about whether or not the resident
mini schnauzer sleeps outside or not..

15566_1077598400103_1830567885_164052_5813251_n.jpg

She's my 90lb Golden Retriever. She's very large for a golden, but all muscle (with a little fur thrown in)

img_873990_0_373e12da15011949ee941148466e254e.jpg

Pretty golden! 90lb's is big for a female golden. Mine was only 60lbs. Still can't believe shes gone.:'(

We just adopted a 3 yo greyhound. Her personality foibles are starting to come out. She is a restless sleeper and we found that she was sliding her butt off her dog bed and under our bed, where she was getting partially stuck in the middle of the night. One morning she was completely gone and I pulled up the dust ruffle to find her completely under the bed, asleep on her side. I ended up having the lift the foot of the bed to get her out.

Nice adoption! My new lab mix sleeps on the sofa at night. That is until about 3:00am when he decides to climb in my bed. :blink:

Back
Top Bottom