DOD update

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
The following is from a email that I received from MOAA. Looks like Tricare premium increases are not being considered at this time for 2009.

On May 7, the House Armed Services Military Personnel Subcommittee approved its own version. Full details were embargoed until the full Committee completes action next week, but MOAA learned the Subcommittee plan includes:
  • Rejecting the large TRICARE fee increases recommended by the Pentagon
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A 3.9% military pay raise for 2009, vs. the 3.4% in the President's budget
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Increase Navy and Air Force end strength by a combined 1,473 to prevent military to civilian conversions of medical positions [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A tuition assistance program to help active duty spouses develop portable careers [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A pilot program for a "career intermission" (sabbatical) for servicemembers to temporarily pursue other life achievements (e.g., to have a baby) before returning to service [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Army National Guard and Reserve manpower increases of 30,450 and 16,320, respectively [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Initiatives under TRICARE Prime and Standard to remove financial disincentives for beneficiaries to seek prevent care [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Since the House and Senate Armed Services Committees have both rejected the Pentagon's proposed health fee increases, beneficiaries hopefully will not see their health and pharmacy fees increase in the coming year. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Thanks for the update Miki. While I fully expect that my health care costs should increase and should be fairly set, I thought the tiered premiums and size of proposed increases were a bit much.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom