Does anyone know what this song is?

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This song was on a tape I recorded off the radio in the 70s. Does anyone know what the song is called and/or the artist? Thanks.

Not sure if I was able to successfully attach the file. It is an mp4 file.

Your attachment works but I haven't got a clue to the name of the song or artist.

The sound fidelity is too muddy for me to make out what they are saying BUT... here is a technique I use often when trying to find info on an old or obscure song I know nothing about other than it is familiar in the windmills of my mind. To wit:

Pull out a sentence or any confluence of words, the more the better, and run then through a normal Yahoo or Google search. It is unlikely that that specific confluence of words will occur anywhere else, or precious few other places, except as the lyrics of that song. Then just follow the links to the song. The details of performer, composer etc should shake out.

In the event the words are sort of mundane and generate too many spurious returns throw in search terms like "Song" or "1971" or something else that might help hone it down

You could also play it into Shazam or one of the other song-identification apps.

If anybody could get the name of this song, it would be.... ME!!!!!! This is like the first time I beat everyone to figure out a song on this forum!!!!!! (I could be wrong, but I think I am right!!) I am originally from Japan and this song was HUGE in Japan 1970.

Japanese version
Hedva and David - Ani Holem Al Naomi (Japanese ver.) - YouTube

Hebrew version (I didn't know there was one...)
HEDVA

It's by Hedva & David. The name of the song is Naomi's Dream (direct translation from Japanse to English... I don't know what this means "Ani Holem Al Naomi"))

Last edited:
Tmm99, That's it! Thanks I really appreciate it. (And this explains why I could not make out the lyrics :D)

Thanks also to the other posters for their advice - I'll try that on other songs I try to identify.

Last edited:
It's by Hedva & David. The name of the song is Naomi's Dream (direct translation from Japanse to English... I don't know what this means "Ani Holem Al Naomi"))

Love the song, thanks.

Ani Holem Al Naomi - dreaming about Naomi? per Lyric translation web site.

Back
Top Bottom