Dominick Dunne fans: good article on his passing

Thanks, Orchidflower. This is the best obit I read on Dominick Dunne. I have always enjoyed him as a writer(such a rapier wit!), and a tireless victim's rights advocate. He is all the more appealing, I think, because he was honest about his own shortcomings and struggles and managed to reinvent himself to good purpose after all the tragedy and failure. I used to look forward to the arrival of my Vanity Fair to read his latest article. I passed the magazine on to a friend who anticipated it as much as I did. Also watched his TV show once in awhile. I don't think he has an equal for style and content.

I think he was someone who was able to take his grief and channel it in an appropriate manner. I always read his article first when I received my Vanity Fair. He wrote so well, he was absolutely entertaining.

Sad to see he died. I do agree that he was so open about his own shortcomings that one could not help but like him.

He could really capture the upper crust's world (and the depths some people could sink to)--what writing talents he and his brother were.

Back
Top Bottom