Dory, i'd like to bring up...

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
the possibility of banning a certain highly disruptive poster again. Does anyone really have objections, aside from the (&%(&$! in question?

You all know to whom I am referring. I will not type its name or respond to it.

Beats the hell out of small animals carrying wooden stakes and singing "Lucy. In the sky. With. Diamonds"

Sounds like a good one for a new Stephen King novel.

Intercst should be banned. Those who have followed the SWR discussions for even a small portion of the past 34 months know wny.

Intercst should be banned. Those who have followed the SWR discussions for even a small portion of the past 34 months know wny.

And there we have it. Even the troll agrees that objectionable people should be banned.

Unfortunately for the troll, there are only two people who have a problem with Intercst.

Even the troll agrees that objectionable people should be banned.

I'm not a troll. But I do indeed believe that, TH. The board was created to serve a purpose, and we should all be permitted to pursue advancement of that purpose. Honest and informed posting should be permitted on what the historical data says re SWRs, just as it is on all other on-topic questions.

Even the troll agrees that objectionable people should be banned.

I'm not a troll. But I do indeed believe that, TH. The board was created to serve a purpose, and we should all be permitted to pursue advancement of that purpose. Honest and informed posting should be permitted on what the historical data says re SWRs, just as it is on all other on-topic questions.

I agree with everything you said, except the part about not being a troll. Thats been proven already.

Now if you were actually interested in any reasonable discussion, you wouldnt aggravate and irritate the members of every single discussion group on the topic.

Given that your participation detracts from any reasoned discussion, then your point is well made.

Removing you from participating will improve the resulting aggregate dialog.

Thanks for your agreement that trolls such as yourself should be removed, and that the result is a plus.

I'd miss the necessary postings of bunnys with pancakes on their heads and even more the exposure of more folks to kayaks ( a passion of mine, or did I use a bad word?) but that may be an acceptable price to pay to increase the signal to noise ratio.

I *PROMISE* to regularly provide any requested william shatner songs, animals with food on their heads, food that has a head with animals on it, kayaks filled with animals with food on their heads, animals with kayaks on their heads...even william shatner with pancakes on their heads. :D

I am..just..so..tired..of..having..this..same..recycling..problem... :mad:

What are your thoughts on the intercst thing, TH?

I don't think we need any more words at this point. Is it thumbs up or thumbs down?

You're Town Sheriff, remember. Your vote counts double.

Since I dont know what "The Intercst Thing" is, I'm afraid I cant comment. Nor honestly do I care.

As usual, you try to change the subject of a thread. This thread is about a hijacking troll that simply wont stop no matter how much abuse you heap on it.

Oh yeah...that would be you.

You sound hostile, TH. Are you able to say why you are feeling hostile towards me?

Please try to boil it down and be specific enough so that I can make sense out of it and maybe we can bring this thing to some sort of constructive resolution.

Because you're a pointless troll that damages this community.

That doesn't give me much to work with.

I'm hostile because I try to contribute to it.

Contribute away. What's stopping you?

If intercst goes or stays, what difference does it make to your ability to contribute? He has never posted much at this forum in any event. Why do you even care?

I'm sorry...which one is speaking right now?

img_296250_0_ca5235a58e27a18e755174fe2bf54b2f.jpg

I'm trying to get you to say something real, TH. You talk real on all sorts of other topics all the time. What makes this one different?

I'll talk real to you.

Why bother building a community when there's an arsonist among you.

You know all about arson, dont you? Its easy, its fun, it takes up an empty persons time?

I don't think we need any more words at this point. Is it thumbs up or thumbs down?

Well, I vote thumbs down for the troll. I'm tired of the passive-agressive behaviour. Everyone knows the cr@ppy tool and book he's hawking - mostly because he keeps posting the same cr@p over and over again.

OK - here's a poll for the group:
1. Do you think *****=pocus is a troll?
2. Should he be banned?

1. Hell YES!
2. Hell YES!   -- Last time this came up, I thought we should just ignore him and not actually ban any one. He just lays low and then starts his sh!t up again.

It is obvious all the crap he posts is an attempt to drum up support for his magic tool and the tome he's writing. He adds nothing of value to the conversations and his repetitive posts are annoying and disrupting.

:-X :-X :-X SILENCE THE TROLL!  :-X :-X :-X

As an alternative, we could escape to the Raddr's pages where the troll isn't allowed. It's really pleasant to read thru those posts and not have to deal with the "magic tool" issue and all the other ***** cr@p.

There is no need to "silence" anyone, Cal. I do not push my SWR views on anyone. Rarely do I put forward a thread-starter on the SWR question.

When other posters put up false or misleading information, I often feel an obligation to respond to it. I am the community's "voice" in favor of the data-based methodlogy. Do you not think it is right that I respond to false or misleading comments in an appropriate way?

I am the community's "voice" in favor of the data-based methodlogy.

Your delusions are pretty frightening. I don't recall anyone appointing you as spokesman for the "community" in regard to any issue. In fact, I'm sure the community doesn't want you to speak for them. I'm sure you can count your supporters on one hand. While many people are interested in different ideas, we've all heard yours over and over again and they've been soundly debunked. You don't add value to conversations - well, I'm sure in your delusional world, you are indispensable, but I'm sure we'd all muddle along nicely without you.

they've been soundly debunked.

If my claim that the REHP study is gravely flawed is delusional, why is it that William Bernstein says that conventional methodology studies generate "highly misleading" results? When you have someone like Bernstein on your side, you are not delusional.

You've allowed yourself to become emotional re all this, Cal. Discussion boards are places where people present a diversity of viewpoints on the questions examined. There are lots and lots of good reasons for aspiring early retirees to have doubts re intercst's SWR claims. People need to be able to explore their doubts in reasoned back-and-forth discussions.

It is not a problem that we disagree on what the historical data says re SWRs. The only problem is the intensely emotional reaction we have seen on the part of REHP study enthusiasts to my claim that the REHP study's methodology is analytically invalid for purposes of determining SWRs.

I'm getting tired of *****' posts. And I take offense at his calling people stupid or mistaken for not agreeing with him. I take offense that he speaks of his plan as "superior", more "valid" and "true" and continues with the assumption that other points of view are deluded or corrupted. After 3 years of this stuff being repeated I've had enough of it. I wouldn't mind seeing ***** banned.

Back
Top Bottom