Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Drama at the x-mas party
Old 12-18-2005, 12:07 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

O.K., thanks for the responses, first let me clear something up - crime scene no. 2 I didn't do anything! But anyways, if anybody else had been there, I would not hesitate to tell DW, but at this point it was just the three of us in the house as everybody else had gone home. DW only reads this board over my shoulder on occasion. CIL was really far gone, in nearly ten years of knowing her this is the first hint of an incident, and this morning she was asking what happened, I feel pretty strongly I shouldn't say anything, and if asked I won't deny.

But the party was awesome! Anybody had Vox vodka? Very smooth. We polished off a bottle of that, a bottle of finlandia, a bottle of silver patron, and a bottle of the "good" patron. Then we hit the Souza and the Smirnoff, since taste buds weren't an issue at this point. (for the record, nobody died, there were ~30 of us).

Got destroyed at my own fooseball table.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2005, 12:13 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Still looking for a response?

The answer is no.

(You must still be drunk to be considering it.)

Sounds like a good party though!

kate

Old 12-18-2005, 12:14 PM   #23

With some 35 years of marriage behind me, I would certainly disclose the event to DW. But I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. *

I'd disclose it today or tomorrow and start with something like "You need to know something about last night so it doesn't get twisted all out of proportion by someone else" and simply tell her the facts in about 10 sentences and leave it like that. *You want to be matter-of-fact about it and not make a big deal out of it.. otherwise, she could suspect more. *

The last thing you want to say is... *"Don't make a big deal out of this, but....". *It's not for you to tell her or decide whether she should or not make a big deal out of it. *Having said that, only you know your spouse and how she will react. *Think the key thing though is to simply state the facts with no emotion whatsoever.

Edit: Just saw your last post regarding only the 3 of you in the house at the time. I would not say anything about it as kate suggests. It was an innocent situation and nothing happened.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:23 PM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Laurence: My thoughts: I think you should treat it like it was exactly as it appeared. A speedbump in the night. It's just a bunch of crazy drunken people running around doing stupid fun and interesting things. Stop dwelling on it, don't bring it up to anyone unless they bring it up as an important event, then just stare at them like "What's wrong with you. It was just a bunch of drunks at a drunken party doing drunken stupid stuff."--nothing more. Unless IT was more --to you. But my guess is not. And probably not to the in-law or DW. But just in case, steer clear of her at your next drunken party
Old 12-18-2005, 12:32 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence

But the party was awesome! Anybody had Vox vodka? Very smooth. We polished off a bottle of that, a bottle of finlandia, a bottle of silver patron, and a bottle of the "good" patron. Then we hit the Souza and the Smirnoff, since taste buds weren't an issue at this point. (for the record, nobody died, there were ~30 of us).
A vodka orgy How's your head this morning, Laurence?
Old 12-18-2005, 12:41 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

I'm actually pretty good, once I saw DW go down for the count, I switched to water and started doing damage control (hey, there was 1/2 of a spiral sliced ham to put away!). I've actually enjoyed giving DW a hard time this morning, last year I was the one to get a totally wasted a little tipsy.

Plus I didn't have any of that Smirnoff crap, anybody like Vodka should definitely give VOX a try.

I'm all done worrying about it Thanks for the sounding board. This board is so handy! If anybody is in town this time next year, drop me a line and come on to the party!
Old 12-18-2005, 12:49 PM   #27

cube_rat, I can't find the mouse in your avatar. I'm looking really really carefully, too.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:04 PM   #28
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence
If anybody is in town this time next year, drop me a line and come on to the party!*
Will your frisky friend be there?

Ha
Old 12-18-2005, 01:05 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyJim
cube_rat, I can't find the mouse in your avatar. I'm looking really really carefully, too.
Look carefully down the crevasse, BMJ...
Old 12-18-2005, 01:27 PM   #30

L.

Hope DW does not look at this board or right to the moon Laurence.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:20 PM   #31

Quote:
Anybody had Vox vodka?
No, but in the morning Vioxx Vodka works wonders.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:40 PM   #32

"Let sleeping dogs lie!"

Do NOT say anything.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:14 PM   #33
Recycles dryer sheets

Only if you think it'll turn her on!!
Old 12-19-2005, 06:41 PM   #34

xxx