England, Doctors and bombs.

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So it looks as though some middle eastern doctors were involved in the bombing and cars that were rigged with bombs. I don't know about you but wouldn't it be a way to bring the world to look in the mirror and start to ask the million dollar question. ?Doctors and the killing of innocent humans?
That is what the bombs were supposed to do and the people that have been arrested are ...What in the world is going on in the world?

Last edited:
Not new, unfortunately. Che Guevara was a medico also.

Ha

If you're from the Middle East and want to visit or immigrate to the UK, its a lot easier to get a passport if you're a doctor, rather than a student.

Not new, unfortunately. Che Guevara was a medico also.

Ha

But Che was not killing innocent humans for killing sake. He had a political ideology which many capitalists found unacceptable. These odd birds today have no real political slant in my eyes other than to kill willy nilly and think their god wants them to do it. No they are wrong on all counts. In fact Saddam was more a communist than a muslim head of state.

But Che was not killing innocent humans for killing sake. He had a political ideology which many capitalists found unacceptable. These odd birds today have no real political slant in my eyes other than to kill willy nilly and think their god wants them to do it. No they are wrong on all counts. In fact Saddam was more a communist than a muslim head of state.

I humbly disagree. Except for psychopaths, nobody kills for the sake of killing. I don't think these guys are psychopaths, they are intelligent and rational individuals who have been indoctrinated into a very warped view of the world and their role in it. In their view, the West is killing Muslims around the world. They believe they are powerless to stop this killing in a political way. They also believe their religion orders them to use any method, including random murder, as the path towards a greater good. Is this perverted? Of course it is. But it is "rational" in the sense that they can think through the syllogism and conclude they are doing the right thing.

It's important to understand their mindset so we can try to counter it. The truth is that it is muslims who are killing other muslims through terror bombings in places like Iraq and Palestine. Unfortunately, what they see in the news are US and British troops there with the killings in the background, reinforcing their notion. I still believe the biggest mistake we've made in recent years is to go into Iraq and feed the terrorist propaganda machine.

I don't claim to have the answer, but it's clear to me we have to resolve the situation in Iraq sooner rather than later, then figure out a way to counter the indoctrination. If we fail the consequences for the world as a whole are very grim.

I agree with ToSoon.

This is a complex cultural issue. I recommend reading several biographies which discuss family structure and religious beliefs to gain an understanding of the social dynamics (I just finished "Inside the Kingdom"). IMHO one element is that the temptations of the western culture are, essentially, panicking them and they are lashing out. I agree that our military presence in the Middle East and uncritical support of Israel is a major contributor.

The use of suicide bombers is actually very efficient. The ratio of losses on their side vs others is favorable when compared to other options (other than road-side bombs).

To some extent I think the reason why we have seen lower income terrorists until recently is that those with more resources have been using them. Not a lot different when during the Vietnam war those with higher education and connections could avoid the front lines.

Last edited:
The greatest threat to world peace are religious nutbags.

You have one in the White House.

Gosh, I am agreeable today. You are right on Zipper.

These terrorists are the Muslim equivalent of the Christians who take the Bible literally and administer 'justice' to those who do not agree with them.

sometimes i look around and am amazed that so little has changed - in many cases getting worse...

Back
Top Bottom