Equifax Hacked - Be extra alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
It seems that the credit bireau Equifax has been hacked and the records of over 143,000,000 million people are out in the wild. This means that the bad guys have everything they need to steal the identities of these people. Thank you Equifax.

http://www.krebsonsecurity.com/ check the Sept 07 blog post

Equifax, one of the “big-three” U.S. credit bureaus, said today a data breach at the company may have affected 143 million Americans, jeopardizing consumer Social Security numbers, birth dates, addresses and some driver’s license numbers.
This is clearly a disappointing event for our company, and one that strikes at the heart of who we are and what we do. I apologize to consumers and our business customers for the concern and frustration this causes,” said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard F. Smith in a statement released to the media
Disappointing?!?!?! Is that the best adjective they can come up with?

How about something like "We have just made the lives of 143 million people a lot more difficult by miserably failing to prevent or quickly detect and stop this violation of our security. We made matters worse by waiting over a month to tell you about it thus further risking your financial security and trashing any remaining trust you may have in us. The Chairman, Execs and Board of Directors are now being instructed in Japanese art of Seppuku."

If you have not already done so, Freeze your credit at all three major credit bureaus at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom