Equifax Data Breach Settlement - FINALLY!

rk911

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
In late summer of 2019, we were notified of a Equifax data breach and offered an opportunity to file a claim. We did and submitted that claim on September 4, 2019. On January 19, 2023...three-years, four-months and sixteen-days later...we finally received our settlement checks. My wife and I each received $5.21!! that should just about cover a meal at McDonalds. these "settlement claims" aren't worth the time or trouble. We still have one outstanding settlement claim from Yahoo. that one dates back to December of 2019. I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, we got those too. Now I’m waiting for the two we have in process: an unspecified amount from T-mobile and $20 from Audi. It is definitely better to be a class action law firm than a “victim” in these cases.

The bright side is that since everyone’s information is already compromised, new hacks probably don’t add much and we get a couple of beers out of each.

We still have one outstanding settlement claim from Yahoo. that one dates back to December of 2019. I'm not holding my breath.
I'm impressed you track them. I might file, but don't think about it again unless and until the tiny check arrives.

I'll bet the law firm got millions. Can you find what the got?
At least you got cash, I have got a coupon before, so I could buy more of the same product.

I don't track them, and actually forget if I filled for this one or not.
Best one I ever had was Facebook paying me nearly $400 for violating my privacy (which was available to IL residents).

Rest have been coffee money.

I knew this would happen. That’s why I took the option for 4 years of credit monitoring instead.

Last edited:
follow-up

We received email from whomever is handling the Yahoo! data breach asking us if we wanted our settlement to be direct deposit or paper check. the notice added that we might not be receiving any settlement. i'm not holding my breath. :facepalm:

I gave up on Equifax after the steps to stay in the claim exceeded my difficulty threshhold. Sounds like I may have made the right choice.

I should know better any way. I've read a lot of John Grisham novels...

Back
Top Bottom