Favorite Candy as a Kid

Glad my computer is in another room - her favorite: Heavenly Hash is there and it is not cheap either.

My lips are sealed.

heh heh heh - :cool:

Glad my computer is in another room - her favorite: Heavenly Hash is there and it is not cheap either.

My lips are sealed.

Whoops! Not the same Louisiana company(Elmer's) that makes the Heavenly Hash Easter Eggs or The Gold Brick.

Cracker Barrel has a lot of the older candies. At least the one here in Janesville, WI does.

sweet tarts, smarties and lick-m-ade. Boy, those all tore my tongue apart

Abba-Zaba bars--but I haven't seen them since I moved from California.

Also, anything that was good "bang for the buck" at the 7-11. Usually some sort of giant wad of cheap gum for 15 cents. Even as a tyke I was a value investor.

Special treat: Dad would bring home a box of Sees milk patties. They didn't last long in our house. (Now Berkshire Hathaway owns Sees Candies. They are still my favorite high-end candy)

lemon heads
red clan
sugar daddy's
cigarette gum
mike&ike
sour patch kids

On my first trip away from home (6th grade) i got one of those ridiculous jaw breakers that are the size of your palm...gross! I think I kept it for a while and really tried to eat the whole thing...I also tried to eat a whole pack of gum tape and gagged (my bff and i made a bet)...

Abba-Zaba bars--but I haven't seen them since I moved from California.

Also, anything that was good "bang for the buck" at the 7-11. Usually some sort of giant wad of cheap gum for 15 cents. Even as a tyke I was a value investor.

Special treat: Dad would bring home a box of Sees milk patties. They didn't last long in our house. (Now Berkshire Hathaway owns Sees Candies. They are still my favorite high-end candy)

Ya my FIL always has a big box of those Sees suckers. Good stuff.

Bassett's Licorice Allsorts: MMMMM

Ahhh - my Mom's favorite as well - they were a staple Christmas present for many years to her.

Cup O' Gold is the fav for my gal... and earlier UNO bars and Dr. Pepper in the nickle glass bottles.

Laffy Taffy. Still love the stuff.

Jawbreakers. My current fave are Gobstoppers.

Also, black licorice wheels

Cinnamon bears. Yum!

Bit O' Honey and Lick M' Aid for me too.

Two candies I loved but can't eat any more:

My best friend and I convinced my mom to buy us a giant tub of gummy bears from Costco/Price Club when I was 11 years old. We ate the entire thing over a weekend, and were so sick by the end of the weekend. I still can't handle the smell of them.

I then switched to sour gummy bears and at one point ate so many the sour crystals had cut my tongue up so much I was bleeding. Can't eat those anymore, either.

Definitely number one was Canada mints (the pink ones - wintergreen flavor, I think). Actually - is my favorite still today.

Then there were Necco wafers (they even had that pink Canada mint flavor as one of the wafers too ... yum!).

Oh, and Laffy Taffy. Still good today.

Great. Now I have an urge for pink Canada mints...! :D

Huh. Did the quick Internet search thingy to make sure I had the name correct. Turns out Necco makes Canada mints. Who knew?! :D And yes, they're wintergreen.

No offense to you Necco lovers..but ugh! That was one candy I could not get into!

No offense to you Necco lovers..but ugh! That was one candy I could not get into!

If you made your sister eat the black ones and the white ones, the rest were pretty good. And you could pretend they were communion wafers, too. Once in a while they would sell all-chocolate packages.

Here's one for you lemonhead lovers:

Attachments

• mrlemonhead.gif
    mrlemonhead.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 52
Ok it's international time for Cadbury Flake Chocolate. Dang near as good as sex!

If you made your sister eat the black ones and the white ones, the rest were pretty good. And you could pretend they were communion wafers, too. Once in a while they would sell all-chocolate packages.

Here's one for you lemonhead lovers:

Thanks for reminding me , We always played communion with Necco wafers .

sweettarts in the roll
Sweet-Tarts are always in my candy stash. I have a soft-side '6-pack cooler' that I pack with candy and other snacks, that I take on trips. That saves me from buying sandy and snacks along the way when we stop for gas or restroom breaks. I don't snack much, but a sour gummi or sweet-tart once in a while, or a Hershey mini, curbs my munchies enough that when we do stop, I can keep my focus and not go on a munchie shopping binge. :D

Back
Top Bottom