Favorite Films?

The Great Escape
Uncle Buck
Ben Hur
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Young Frankenstein --my DW would be surprised to see others also enjoyed this one.
All the Indiana Jones movies
Ive never heard of Tampopo, I'll have to rent that one.

Yup >:D I'm ok with the fact I was an 80's teeny bopper! (Hey, I did become a welder in the Navy...maybe the two are related??) She symbolizes all the people who do something that brings $$$ in - despite passion for something else. Sound familiar? And the 80's music in the flick - always gets me movin'!! Cheezy, absolutely!:D

When my submarine finally scored Flashdance in the Navy movie lotto, the crew watched it about ten times in a row. Those were the days -- a big olive green metal box with three reels of 16mm film. You could watch the same reel twice in a row if you liked.

I'd add:
Little Big Man
Unforgiven
Forrest Gump
Deliverance

My favorites:

Casablanca
Citizen Kane
From Here to Eternity
One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
Das Boot
Schindler's List
Blade Runner
La Vita e Bella
Sabrina (the original with Audrey Hepburn)
Roman Holiday
The Color Purple
Silence of the Lambs

The 1955 Alec Guiness/Peter Sellers film: The Ladykillers. Mrs. Wilberforce/Lopsided. Far superior to the later version.

The Duke and Maureen O'hara in The Quiet Man. Totally sexist. totally fine.

Vanishing Point. When you haven't been in a car in 6 months it's great. The music works too! Also a fine film to see in a drive-in. Leaving same as all the cars spin their tires in the gravel is ... fun.

It just dawned on me that Herbert Lom, who acted in The Ladykillers with Peter Sellers, was also Chief Inspector Charles Dreyfus with Sellers in the Pink Panther movies. Hunh. England really does only have 9 actors. They're good ones though...

No one has mentioned Blazing Saddles?

Calmloki reminds me of another

Being There -- an incredible acting performance by Peter Sellers. One inch further and it would have been over the top. But he never went that inch. It was perfect.

And one more that slipped my mind earlier -- Body Heat

See message #6

Well there you go! OOoo! For Valentine's day a film with music by Teddy Pendergrast and starring Keith Carradine, Genevieve Beujold, Rae Dawn Chong, Lesley Ann Warren: Choose Me. Sexy, funny, lovingly filmed and scored. Gonna make you remember how cool smoking is.

It just dawned on me that Herbert Lom, who acted in The Ladykillers with Peter Sellers, was also Chief Inspector Charles Dreyfus with Sellers in the Pink Panther movies. Hunh. England really does only have 9 actors. They're good ones though...

No one has mentioned Blazing Saddles?

Any and all Mel Brooks.

Gone With The Wind
The Maltese Falcon
Casablanca
The Birds (Hitchcock)
Wizard of Oz

Monsters Inc (Pixar films are just unbelievably artisitic and very funny)
Finding Nemo

High Anxiety (Mel Brooks)
Young Frankenstein (Mel Brooks)

Kindergarten Cop (one of the Governator's best)

Grease (Travolta)

It's the Great Pumpkin, CharlieBrown
Charlie Brown Christmas

How about "Paint Your Wagon"? Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood sing (!) in a western musical comedy based on a plot of polygamy, wife sharing, and gold prospecting. It's a hoot!

How about "Paint Your Wagon"? Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood sing (!) in a western musical comedy based on a plot of polygamy, wife sharing, and gold prospecting. It's a hoot!
"i was born, under a wandering star..."

That's one of the worst, if not the worst, Clint Eastwood movie.

That's one of the worst, if not the worst, Clint Eastwood movie.

How can you say that about a movie with lines like this:

Horton: [in a gambling hall/whorehouse] Pardon me, sir, could you lend me ten dollars?
Pardner: Why don't you go home and go to bed?
Horton: I was thinking of doing it the other way around.

For me, a favorite is a Japanese movie called Tampopo. It's all about food, sex, gangsters, life, death, and it's funny too!

This same actress is in another terrific Japanese movie named "A Taxing Woman"

Ha

shawshank redemption
grease
steel magnolias
terms of endearment
rudy

Back
Top Bottom