Fighting speeding ticket - anybody used ticketsnipers.com

In winemaker country, you must pay the fine to take your case to court. However, so I have been told, that you overpay by a small amount, say 79 cents. If you are found guilty, you have paid the fine, and they issue you a refund check for the 79 cents. Destroy the check, and because "no job's done til the paperwork's done", no points, and no insurance referral.

When I lived in CA, they had a traffic school option where the violation would not count as a point on your record, and shouldn't ding your insurance. You do, though, have to pay the full fine amount (until a budget crisis a couple decades ago, you didn't even have to do that.)

I don't know if CA has deferred adjudication. I got stopped a few years back here in Texas and was given a ticket (I was pretty sure I came to a full stop, but maybe not, I admit to being slightly distracted at the time looking for an address.) I did have to pay the fine (about $150) and pled out with deferred adjudication, which means that after 90 days passed, if I had no other moving violations or criminal arrests I could sign a notarized statement to that effect and give it to the court, and the charge was dismissed and didn't hit the driving record.

Why traffic tickets are so expensive in CA SF?

Tickets are cheaper in MN, but I see backgrounds all the time of people that just do not pay them. Worse case, they revoke your license, which on many people is revoked anyway.

If you are in a hardship situation, community service might be an option.

Court fines, taxes, insurance, credit scores etc. are only for the well-to-do that care about their future.

Appearing for traffic court is a good deal. When you get the subpoena , first, schedule a vacation day , then ,inform your supervisor you must appear on that day, soo, now you get 4 hrs. min pay at time and a half , plus your vacation pay., for 4 hrs work. Again, I wish I was joking.

Unless you really did screw up when you issued the citation, the witness box is no big deal. And be sure to review the audio recording you kept of the of the interaction with the citizen you cited, so you can " Remember " in court. When you issue 10-20 per day, it's very foolish not to record. Body cameras are not yet sop.

Again, that might work in whatever city you live but where I worked for 24 years you cant take a vacation day and get paid overtime in the same day.

Can't speak for S.F., but I suggest you get an attorney. Back east, here, the traffic defense attorneys cut a deal for some non-moving offense (i.e., presuming the original ticket is not for an egregious offense like doing 50 mph in a school zone).
A small fringe benefit is that represented defendants get their cases adjudicated first, so you're not wasting close to an entire day.

Back
Top Bottom